Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you use a delivery shoe shine service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you use a delivery shoe shine service?

Would you use a delivery shoe shine service that would pick your shoes up from your office, clean them, condition them, then polish and return them to your office the next day? The pictures and testimonies I am finding are good so I am going to go for it. Now the price:

Shoe Shine: $6
    Boot Shine: $8
    Unlimited for 1 year: $202.50

Unlimited is the way to go as I polished my shoes about once a month with regular in between brushing, trees, the usual care. Also I wear each pair 2-3 times a month at most. One polishing would be $52 for me for each pair so in 4 months I start saving. I spend between 1-2 hours each month for a total of 12-24 hours polishing my shoes per year. Now if you look at the cost of me doing this myself, it is a no brainer.

So Dappered Community, would you do it?

I would do a few a la carte shines first before committing to the unlimited to make sure you like his work.

Comment

Also factor in tips if that's part of the usual deal. $6/8 per time for a full service shoe shine is pretty damn good, so seems like a great deal if they actually do a decent job.

Comment

Depends on the polish used, if it's kiwi type stuff then boo.

Comment

I've developed somewhat of a routine I do about every other Sunday evening. It typically involves a stupid/funny movie, some beer or whiskey (or both), a little clothes washing, ironing, shoe shining, watch cleaning, and maybe closet organizing. At first this was just a way to get a bunch of chores done and use the movie and booze to make the experience tolerable, but over time I have actually come to enjoy it. I find it relaxes me and I use it as a time to mentally prepare for the week ahead. Anyway, all that to say for me personally this type of deal is not very appealing, but i could maybe see myself using it as a one off type of thing. I definitely get that it could appeal to a lot of people though, if I had this option a few years ago I probably would have been all over it.

Comment

I'd look into it for the occasional polish at the $6 dollar range +tip. Is the 202 for unlimited shoes or per pair? I don't think I polish that frequently enough to justify that cost.

Comment

Yeah, I'd be tempted to try out the service. If you do shell out the cash to give it a try, please post your reviews on how well it worked.

Comment

They won't be using an Saphir products that's for sure. I also take some pleasure out of cleaning/polishing my shoes but if the end result is good, it may be worthwhile.

Comment

I would get tired of carrying shoes around (up to the office and back home), unless you keep shoes at the office.

Comment

I would but I need to know the product they use.

Comment

I might try once but I maintain most of my shoes myself

Comment

Working...
                      X