Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday challenge 8/9/2013 - Summer Evening Concert!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Gotta distract people from my mediocre style choices somehow....
    Fair enough. What's the rule on multiple submissions?

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
      Fair enough. What's the rule on multiple submissions?
      You canonly have 1 official entry. Your latest submission is the one that will be used.

Comment

I believe you can submit as many outfits as you want, but only the last one posted will be included in the poll.
        Ben

Comment

I had some fun with this one... probably a bit different in flavor than most people will go. Dressed for an evening concert at the Red Ants Pants Music Festival:

GAP jacket, Carhartt shirt, Montana Silversmiths buckle, Bonobos jeans, Chippewa boots, Hamilton watch.

Great outfit, especially the Hamilton, but as a Texan I'm going to have to tease you about the Montana Silversmiths. You're only supposed to wear big buckles that you earn

Comment

Maybe y'all do things differently down south, but we're pretty simple folk here in Montana. We wear belts to hold our pants up.
            Ben

Comment

I usually don't comment in this thread but holy crap BenR, I love that outfit. It's something I absolutely could not pull off and it's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                Vicious, you're one of the few guys that can compete with Furious Styles here when it comes to arm candy.
                pfffff.. I just keep mine off the internet :P
                "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Originally posted by Ragu View Post
                  Great outfit, especially the Hamilton, but as a Texan I'm going to have to tease you about the Montana Silversmiths. You're only supposed to wear big buckles that you earn
                  Maybe y'all do things differently down south, but we're pretty simple folk here in Montana. We wear belts to hold our pants up.
                  There's a booty to buckle ratio rule in place in the northwest: the bigger the booty, the bigger the buckle.

Originally posted by greg_s View Post
                  pfffff.. I just keep mine off the internet :P
                  All of them?

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                    There's a booty to buckle ratio rule in place in the northwest: the bigger the booty, the bigger the buckle.
                    There may be some truth to this - my booty and my buckle are proportionally magnificent.
                    Ben

Comment

For your consideration:

Sport coat: BOSS (cotton/linen unstructured and minimally/partially-lined)
                      Shirt: Converse One-Star (short sleeve for minimizing that layered-heat factor)
                      Lapel flower pin: ? (came with the SC, but I kinda dig it)
                      Belt: BR (thrifted)
                      Pants: BR (5-pocket - jeans-like, but much lighter)
                      Shoes: BR (suede drivers - keeping it cool and comfortable for the blanket/lawn seats)
                      Watch: Orient (Vintage - seemingly my go-to as of late)
                      Shades: BR (Corbin - pocketed after sundown, of course)
                      Scent: OFF! (I got you, Furious. I got you.)

I was *just* at an outdoor concert last weekend, and the temps were very similar to the scenario Mr. Styles has proposed for us here in this week's challenge. In other words, it was still pretty damn hot to be all "dressed-up" (I wore a short-sleeve henley and dark denim to that one). Still, later that night it did get a bit chilly, so a jacket was certainly a nice thing to have around.

That being said, I opted for breathable goods with this entry, so that the SC could be employed all through the evening, to maintain the "look," as it were. I also went a touch casual, especially with the pants and the loafers, as we often go with the "lawn seats" at our local outdoor venue.

Now for our musical night out, I'd like to trip the WABAC machine and time travel back to 1993 so that my wife and I could see Sade on her *Love Deluxe World Tour*. (Careful - the breakdown at 2:30 - 3:05 is a doozy on multiple senses, audible and visual alike.)

Daaaayyyaaaaaammmm...!

OK... OK. Focus, man. Focus. Now, she *did* play in Detroit that year, but not at the popular outdoor venue that most folks do in the area. The DVD performance of the tour was filmed in San Diego at the SDSU Open Air Theatre, so I'm kinda virtually mixing and merging aspects of our local outdoor venue and that similar (yet likely way more amazing) one in SD.

Tastes in music vary hugely - that's cool - so you may not dig the show I'm wishing I had the chance to see - and that's cool too. But for a musical night out with my beautiful lady (sorry fellas, but I'm not about to ask her to play our game her with an outfit/pic - the best you'll get of that is this *unknowing* WIWT shot of her), I can't imagine a more romantic, hypnotic one than that. Look out!

Comment

^ 1:23 - 1:26 is pretty damn nice too. I need a gif of that sequence.

Comment

looking good robbo

Comment

Originally posted by Jake101 View Post
                            looking good robbo
                            Hey thanks, man... errr.. fellow challenge combatant. And also with you! And also with BenR!

One problem thus far in this week's deal is the certain ridicule, which is sure to come, regarding our outfits all utilizing the same color scheme. I have a strange feeling that bruschetta may think we really *are* all in a boy band together. Oh dear.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                              Hey thanks, man... errr.. fellow challenge combatant. And also with you! And also with BenR!

One problem thus far in this week's deal is the certain ridicule, which is sure to come, regarding our outfits all utilizing the same color scheme. I have a strange feeling that bruschetta may think we really *are* all in a boy band together. Oh dear.
                              I have half a mind to reenter, but I fear this may be a shooting myself in the foot scenario, a la fantasy football tinkering. Also, I have no time. I have a bunch of meetings early tomorrow and must go to sleep... Now. And. Off I go. Now.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post

Can we vote on a band name? I'm for: the Khaki jackets. I know they're blazers, but jackets sound better.

Comment

Working...
                                X