Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday challenge 8/2/2013 - "Black & White (but NOT Grey/Gray)... Oh yeah, & Green!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
    Is this more acceptable, Mon Capitán?
    Now you're onto something. I think you've nailed the spirit of the challenge theme.
    Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Oh. My. Word.

LOL - you guyyyyyyyyys....! Those are both hilarious, yet displeasing to the eyes.

Makes me think that you missed out on sporting this one in the "Blues" challenge. I bet you're kicking yourself now, right?

"ONE SIZE - *LONG*" - hahaha!

Comment

Is this more acceptable, Mon Capitán?
        OTR?! C'mon, gotta go bespoke for that!

Comment

I really wish someone had put a NSFW tag on the first one of these. I'm only guessing more of the same, but a little heads up for us work guys!

Comment

I'm in on this one. I have a leprechaun outfit in the back of the closet that's been gathering dust.

Comment

I'm in the same boat. No white, green, or black pants.

If I were still in the US and being snarky, I'd wear a tuxedo with a green bow tie and vest (don't ask me why I own a green bow tie and vest).
              Why do you own a green bow tie and vest?

Comment

Ouch. This is a tough one. I think I own 1 article of green clothing and it's a striped polo. I'm out this week.

If only I had won the Masters....

Comment

Sorry hornsup - I usually try to throw out a warning, as I too often hit stuff from my work PC. Totally didn't think about it this time. My apologies, bud. If your boss calls you out on it, you could play ignorant, and make *him/her* tell *you* just what *they* think it is. Might work.

Furious Styles... "always after me lucky charms!" - I can't wait to see that, bud. Nice!

droc, you only need *one* article of green clothing for this. What's wrong with a striped polo? Pony-up, man... You can do this!

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                    I really wish someone had put a NSFW tag on the first one of these. I'm only guessing more of the same, but a little heads up for us work guys!
                    Sorry, I dropped the ball.

Originally posted by alan View Post
                    Why do you own a green bow tie and vest?
                    I was young.

Comment

No worries as no one saw during the 1.5 seconds that I had it up until I read the title hah. Also, I'm a bit surprised (then again not very surprised) they have those on Amazon.

Comment

I'm in the same boat. No white, green, or black pants.

If I were still in the US and being snarky, I'd wear a tuxedo with a green bow tie and vest (don't ask me why I own a green bow tie and vest).
                        Sadly, my tux was midnight blue... or I'd do that. I own a seafoam green bow tie from prom...

But I own white, green, AND black pants. What to do...

Comment

I applaud the difficulty of this challenge so much, I might actually participate, with a very casual outfit. But any time other than summer, this would be impossible. There are literally only two or three pieces in my wardrobe where some shade of green is the dominant color.

Comment

I think a tuxedo with a bottle green smoking jacket will just win really, really hard.

http://www.blacktieguide.com/Classic..._sweetened.jpg

That's the only idea I could come up with. Yet.

Comment

Uh-oh... Mikey's joining the fray?

TrueFlame, thanks for positive take on the toughness of this one. Actually after diggin' through the closet today, I discovered that I have more green items than I originally thought I did; mostly olive-ish hued stuff, but still. I thought for sure the "olive" tip might open more doors for some folks. Hope so... Or anything else along those lines. Oh, and remember, it's not a "Greens" challenge; meaning you don't need multiple items of green. Just a reminder.

D-Lo, if you jam that jacket, you my man are suh-mooooooooooooooooooove. Kinda like this:

Comment

Alright, enough chit-chat; let's get this party started! I don't foresee having much chance to dork-around the rest of the week with this one (it's actually tougher than I thought!), so I bit the bullet and gave it a whirl today.

Here's my stab at the passably-polarizing Black+White+Green challenge:

Jacket: Linea Dome
                                Shirt: Nordstrom (I think Nordy calls the color "seagrass" - I'm calling it "light green")
                                Tie: JAB
                                Belt: BR
                                Chinos: Dockers
                                Socks: JCF
                                Boots: Paul Fredrick (thrifted)
                                Watch: Seiko
                                Scent: Creed *Green* Irish Tweed (yep, gotta work that angle... MUUHHAHAHAHA...!)
                                Shades: RE
                                Last edited by yoyorobbo; July 30, 2013, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X