Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday challenge 8/2/2013 - "Black & White (but NOT Grey/Gray)... Oh yeah, & Green!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@yoyo--I will definitely be posting some sort of pic, not sure how good it will turn out, but it'll be there. I think I should do the opposite of what I think looks good (much like Jerry told George to do) to try to get some more votes ;-)
    Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

I bet I could scrounge something up, but I'd have to dig through the basement for my black squared-toe slip-on's and the reversible dress belt that were buried oh so many years ago ("honey, have you seen the shoes I put in the basement last week"). Wait, let me get this straight...the outfit doesn't have to look good right, I just need to hit all the requirements?

Kidding. I'm envisioning someone pulling a Gosling and rocking a killer green suit.

Comment

Hahah! Well dackman... I'd lean towards "looking good" as a major part of the deal. Different folks have different opinions on what the definition of that might be, but yeah, you wanna look "good." I'd say it's still worth an attempt, square-toed or not. I'm not saying that haters are all of a sudden not "gonna hate," but if they're you're only option then WTF, go for it! Hey, some people hate any level of *chisel* toe, but Joe posts some footwear from time to time that feature a bit of that look. Not square-toed (don't jump all over me on that), but a slight chisel. Again, some folks hate it. Other are cool with it. I'm not a big fan, but things/times/opinions change too.

You could always go "belt-less" - if it's covered up enough, or of you just don't give a damn. Green suspenders, maybe? LOL

Vicious, nice graphic on the Skyfall thing. Bond moves the needle a little bit, IMO, with some of his outfits - in a good (ok, GREAT) way. Wasn't there a black/brown combo (maybe jacket/boots or something) in *Quantum*? It was killer, but you might not think it would work on paper.

Mark, glad to se the enthusiasm, dude! And the Seinfeld ref is killer! I'd probably advise against throwing a "puffy shirt" into the mix too, but it's up to you. "But I don't *wanna* be a pirate!"
        Last edited by yoyorobbo; July 30, 2013, 01:08 PM.

Comment

It's hard for the shoes, if you have black shoes then your option to where you have green becomes limited to accessories. So do you go white or green shoes if you go casual

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
            I have black shoes, black belts, and... that's it. I've got some green and white shirts, but I don't own a single pair of black, white or green pants so I'm out.
            I'm in the same boat. No white, green, or black pants.

If I were still in the US and being snarky, I'd wear a tuxedo with a green bow tie and vest (don't ask me why I own a green bow tie and vest).

Comment

bruschetta, you really don't have *any* shade/tint/hue of green pants? I'm not calling you out on it, I'm just wondering if you guys are thinking too "GREEN" green. The "olive" thought was one that I was hoping would open this back up for a few folks. Maybe not. There are other many variations of green that maybe are not coming to mind. Again, I could be wrong - not everyone has every color of everything, that's for sure.

I just took a peek in my closet and found more options for this challenge than I thought I had. I think I found a pretty good combo - but I'm keep messin' with it. We'll see...

Thankfully that item in the "never-again" that I mentioned earlier might be able to remain right there in that pile. That being said, I think I may have found a few more items to add to the pile, having dug a little deeper into the back of the closet racks. Doh!

Comment

Do I need to specify that "pants-less/shorts-less" is NOT an option?

Well maybe one exception: *Kilt*, anyone? It'd be tough NOT to vote for that. Just sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                  Hahah! Well dackman... I'd lean towards "looking good" as a major part of the deal. Different folks have different opinions on what the definition of that might be, but yeah, you wanna look "good." I'd say it's still worth an attempt, square-toed or not. I'm not saying that haters are all of a sudden not "gonna hate," but if they're you're only option then WTF, go for it! Hey, some people hate any level of *chisel* toe, but Joe posts some footwear from time to time that feature a bit of that look. Not square-toed (don't jump all over me on that), but a slight chisel. Again, some folks hate it. Other are cool with it. I'm not a big fan, but things/times/opinions change too.
                  Nope, nope, nope, leaving those dead and buried. I don't know if I could handle the shame of going from one vote my first entry to no votes on my second! I'll live to fight another day!

Comment

Cologne Guy, Unfortunately, my university's kilt tartan only contains blue and red.

Comment

Comment

Quick (maybe dumb) question. Does the white have to be bright white, or is off-white ok? I think I pretty much have a game plan, but this is my last piece and I want to make sure I conform to the rules of the challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by dackman View Post
                          Nope, nope, nope, leaving those dead and buried. I don't know if I could handle the shame of going from one vote my first entry to no votes on my second! I'll live to fight another day!
                          Haha! How about black flip-flops?

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                          Cologne Guy, Unfortunately, my university's kilt tartan only contains blue and red.
                          Wshew! I mean... dang!

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                          Fred: That'll work, man! Pair it with some of your $700 boots and BUH-BAHM!

Comment

Cologne Guy, Would this qualify as the bottom half of an outfit for this challenge?

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                              Cologne Guy, Would this qualify as the bottom half of an outfit for this challenge?
                              I'm assuming you'd have to find a version that had green stitching vs. the red on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
                                I'm assuming you'd have to find a version that had green stitching vs. the red on that one.
                                Is this more acceptable, Mon Capitán?

Comment

Working...
                                X