Bonobos Denim came today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonobos Denim came today...

These things are awesome. I know why everyone talks about their fit. They are great. My wife said they are the best fitting jeans she's seen me in. Highly recommend.

Got mine today as well. A tad tight in the thighs, but that's me having big legs rather than them running small. For anyone having second thoughts because of the washes looking too light, I got the darkest wash (I think it's called rinse) and it is darker than pictured. It's not nearly black navy, but it's still pretty dark.

Great purchase.

Comment

Glad to hear good reviews on these. I'd pick up a pair if not for having just bought a pair of jeans during the Rugby 30% off sale. On the look out for some raw selvedge Bonobos in the spring--I heard from a Ninja that they were exploring this line and we might see 'em come spring. There are a lot of poorly fitting jeans out there and it's great to see Bonobos entering the market--jeans to a certain extent are a dime-a-dozen, but pairs that are well-made and fit well are worth the money and I suspect Bonobos will galvanize a following with these based on the reputation of their chinos.

@lemmy, with regards to your pair being tight in the thighs, definitely anticipate them stretching as you wear them--denim typically stretches up to 3-5% depending on how tight it is, so those will fit perfectly custom once they've got some wear on them. Look forward to hearing your impressions of the jeans with a couple months wear on them.

Comment

Wesman is right. They will loosen up. This happened with the pair of Todd Sheltons I bought. While they still fit well I almost wish I went down a size.

Comment

I returned mine for a smaller size; they stretched pretty noticeably after a few hours test wear. Reference: I'm a 36 in 501's. Got a 35 in bonobos. Thighs were snug, waist was right on/touch loose. Basically, within 6 hours of wear they seemed to have stretched into roughly the same size as my 36 501's. I'm losing weight though so wanted the B's for next size down/visible weight loss reinforcement. Returned for 34's.

If you're not losing, I'd say go down 1", and wear em around the house to stretch before going out in nutcutters.

Comment

Did you guys size down? I have to size down 1" on all Bonobos pants it seems, was wondering if their denim was the same.

Comment

Yeah, my seem to fit well. I'm a 34" but I have the body type that Bonobos targets. Mine were tight in the thighs but not constricting. They are really perfect, because as they begin stretching, they won't seem too baggy. Also...ditto the post about the washes. They are darker (better) in person and not very well represented on the website.

Comment

My Flatirons just arrived. I normally wear 34-35 and I sized down to 33 in these. Haven't had them on that long yet but man these things are awesome. They are snug but comfortable, I love the feel of them. If they just stretch a tiny bit in all the right places it will be absolutely perfect. Length is perfect too, and the pockets are nice and deep which was one thing about the bull denim, the pockets were a bit shallow.

I've never really splurged on jeans so these are probably the nicest ones I've ever owned. The denim is amazing. At first when I saw how small they seemed when folded up I was a little apprehensive but they feel very substantial yet still soft. The color is dark indigo just like I hoped, I know there was some question because there light shining on them in the website shots. The stitching is really nice and doesn't have those big ugly bunches of stitching on the hips like my cheaper ones, just one perfectly stitched line. The fabric seems to have a little bit of stretch to it too.

Comment

I got my straight legs (the darkest wash) in the mail today, and I'm warming up to them, but I was a bit let down at first. The wash is a lot better than in the online pics, as has been said before, but these are a little longer than I expected and don't really seem that fitted. I wear a 32 regularly, so maybe I should send these back and size down.

Regardless, I paid $42.50 for the jeans, so I'm still feeling pretty good about the purchase.

Comment

Jon, I definitely think you should send them back and size down. I never buy size 33 pants, so I took a bit of a risk but it paid off.

Not sure what's up with the length though, mine are what I would expect from 32 inseam.

Comment

I recently received my first pair of Bonobos denim today and was also pleased with the much darker wash than the pictures on the website. However, when checking out the fit in the mirror I couldn't help but notice that as opposed to flattering my backside the jeans appeared to be giving me a permanent wedgie. I have never had this trouble with any of the khakis I have ordered through them and was wondering if anyone else had this problem or a remedy to fix it. Size up? Size down? Not fixable?

Comment

Wedgie? I wouldn't think there would be enough material for that to be able to happen.

The only thing I can imagine is that they are too big and then you are pulling them up too far?

Comment

I noticed the site mentioned "color transfer." For those who have them, have you noticed much of this? It seems they're rinsed, not raw denim, so I'm assuming it's not very much, but I thought I would check anyway.

Comment

I wear a 30 in their chinos and cords. Would you suggest I drop to a 29 in the Flatiron?

Comment

@ Sal Orlando

That is the only way I can think to describe it. I don't have them pulled up too high but the yoke of the jean in the back seems to billow out which pulls up on the wedgie part of the jean giving it the appearance of being worn too high. Not really sure what causes the yoke to billow out as opposed to laying flat. Perhaps my junk in the trunk is not sufficient enough?

Comment

Working...
                              X