X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$40 Selvedge Jeans at Target?

Has anyone seen these or tried them on?

http://www.target.com/p/Converse-One...i_detailbutton

I got a pair, they are on sale for $30 right now. I got the dark rigid rinse. They are not bad for the price. I removed the back pocket stitching, and they have random bits of red stitching all over the place. I found the fit to be very true to size. Too bad there wasn't a size 35, that would have been perfect for me. As it is mine have a bit of extra room in the seat and thighs but not too much. Not my new favorite jeans or anything but probably a lot better than anything else at Target.

Comment

whoa...is it close in style to the GAP selvage? I never could justify buying APC's so i got a pair of Old Navy selvage a year ago and they wear very well.

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
      I>0<I

Comment

Haha...are you kidding me?

Comment

I wouldn't put them at the level of the Gap stuff, but I haven't found those less than $50 something on sale. Didn't know about the ON ones.

Comment

Thread at Styleforum with lots of pics and fun snobbery ;-)

http://www.styleforum.net/t/273161/s...t-target/0_100

Comment

^Yeah that thread is precisely why I only read SF and never post, and why I have a hard time accepting many of their recommendations.

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

@Sal, would these jeans give anyone (re: me) reason to opt for them over the dark 514's I usually buy anywhere from to $30-45?

Comment

Honestly the only reason I got them was to try something different for relatively cheap. The fit is similar to 514s. I'm sure the 514 are higher quality in general, so I would only go for these if you want to try something different. The fact that they are at Target means you can try them on just for the hell of it when you are there for some other reason. Certainly if you are at Target and need jeans these are the ones to go for.

Comment

I ordered a pair of these, just to see how they fit. It will probably take a while for them to be delivered, but I can post pics when I get them.

Comment

@ Sal, good looks. I guess I'll just try them on next time I'm at Target for whatever reason. I'm a pretty big fan of their Mossimo stuff to. The only problem I have with them (their tees, specifically) is that at 5'8, they can be just a bit long. Their stuff fits me well otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                      X