Cleaning White J&M Nubucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning White J&M Nubucks

So I recent came up on some J&M White Nubucks from a seller on Ebay who threw them in for free with my purchase of some AE Sanfords. They came free because of shipping issues that took over 30 days to receive my order.

Anyways, I now have these Nubucks which I would like to wear and learn how to clean. They have some minor scuffs near the toe box along with some minor discoloration near the scuffs. Does anyone have experience with removing scuffs from these, and also whitening them. If its too much trouble, I may just wear them to gracefully age (let them get dirty).

Also, what do you guys wear with them. What is the casual norm with these, and also the dressy norm? I do have a seersucker suit I wear in the summer, which I suppose I could wear these with. (if I decide to keep them pearly whites).

I don't have any but what I've read says to color over the scuffs with white chalk and use a suede / nubuck brush on them to bring up the nap.

Comment

So clean with white chalk first to cover up scuffs, than use the nubuck brush to bring up the nap.

I'll have to find those required items to try it out. I wonder if that will leave the cleaned area noticeably whiter than the untouched area.

anyone else have any suggestions or experience?

Comment

Working...
      X