No announcement yet.

Express Extra Slim Fit 1MX Shirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's true. But the H&M shirts, if this makes any sense, have a linen kind of look. Like - wrinkled fabric even hanging on the hanger. It could just be their stores - the layout leaves much to be desired, and I get frustrated trying to find the quality stuff. Unless I can find Small Tall sizes, I think I'll shy away from OTR dress shirts. I don't mind an LEC flannel shirt being slightly off in the fit, but a dress shirt needs to be spot on, I'm realizing.

Comment

I err on the side of the Medium these days. For years I would get small size shirts with sleeves that were too short and I eventually got sick of it (I don't like to roll my sleeves either). I live with the bigness in the body and tell myself that maybe someday I'll get the shirt tailored. For off the rack dress shirts I find 15" neck and 34/35" sleeves to be acceptable as long as the taper in the body is decent. With our body types S/M/L sizing is never going to cut it. For me those shirts will always be casual (not with a tie) wear.

Comment

Have you gotten a custom shirt?

Comment

No, are you thinking of ordering a custom shirt? Which company are you going to try?

Comment

I bet Indochino would do alright, seeing how they seem to "get" me suit-wise. But I'm planning to get a Ratio shirt because they're made in America and are a stand-up kind of company, it seems. At this point, I'm holding out for some kind of a promotion. Even if I have to buy 4 shirts to qualify, I would feel better about it. Their whole catalog seems pretty desirable.

I emailed them, and they said that if I order several shirts, they'd do one, have me confirm the fit, then do the others. If the first one is a flop, I would just cancel the rest of my order, but if it works well, I would be very pleased to have a bunch of their shirts. I'm just getting sick of settling in one aspect or another every time I buy a dress shirt. Brooks Brothers makes a small handful of shirts in 14.5/34, but they're the same price as a MTM shirt by Ratio.

Comment

Working...
            X