• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yoyorobbo
    replied
    Originally posted by alan View Post
    Better get on win it! :-)
    Ok, I got one. Gonna suck doing this via my phone, but I'll try.

Leave a comment:

• alan
    replied
    Better get on win it! :-)

Leave a comment:

• yoyorobbo
    replied
    Oh yeah... Oops. Sorry guys, I had an old friend from out of town come in this evening, so I've been offline since then, catching up on the old school memories and re-telling the old stories all over again.

So, let's see.... Hmnnnn.......

Leave a comment:

• MarkB
    replied
    @clolonge guy-- I dont think there's anything wrong with voting for yourself. This was the first week I voted for myself as well, I really liked the way my getup turned out and I personally thought it was worth my vote. The previous two weeks I voted for others because I honestly felt that they were better than my own. Had the "no self-votes" been in effect I would have likely gone with BenR, which would have made things interesting I guess.

Congrats on the win!

Also, thanks for those who voted for me and it was awesome to see so many more people jumping in. Good stuff guys! On to the next one...

Leave a comment:

• bruschetta
    replied
    Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
    So what is our new theme?
    Good question! Cologne Guy needs to create a new thread.

Leave a comment:

• drocpsu
    replied
    I voted for others and also appreciate the vote I received. Great outfits gents!

Leave a comment:

• Vicious49
    replied
    So what is our new theme?

Leave a comment:

• AFCForever
    replied
    I voted for FuriousStyles because I thought he really did better than me. But thanks to whomever voted for me - that was quite an impressive list of competitors!

Leave a comment:

• dackman
    replied
    Congrats on the win yoyo, well deserved! Definitely appreciate all of the participation from the other members as well, some solidly dappered outfits out there.

Hate to say that I'm guilty of not voting for anyone (including myself), but I was pretty psyched that I even got a vote with all of the other stiff competition! I'll take it as motivation to step it up for the next challenge.

Leave a comment:

• yoyorobbo
    replied
    Vicious, your honesty is awesome! And I appreciate the non-judgement on my self-vote this time. But cards on the table, I felt pretty darn bad doing it. Week one I voted for Furious Styles (I think I stated as such in a reply to the post), and last week (as I said a few replies back) I was unable to cast my vote due to sucky wireless reception on a short vacation jaunt. I would NOT have voted for myself in that one anyway, as I didn't care very much for my look once I saw it compared to a few others in that particular challenge.

This week, however, I really DID like my ensemble, and with the added "Giants vs Patriots" - "defend the title" - "knock off the pedestal" smack-talk (all good stuff, by the way fellas - LOL), I did turn to the dark side and voted for myself. It still felt weird, but I did it.

I'm kinda torn on the idea, actually. I mean, it seems weird to vote for my own pic - like a weird "into-yourself" vibe or something. Then again, it's a challenge, and if it's going to be something we really get into, I guess that weirdness dwindles. I mean candidates surely vote for themselves in elections, right? OK, now I'm starting to compare our stylenerdiness (I hope I can call it that, since we all are doing it) of posting pics of ourselves for other dudes to judge (Vicious, I think I'm paraphrasing a line of yours from a while back) to Presidential races. Getting a little too serious , I guess. LOL - Better stop now.

Anyway, I guess I like to think that I would normally vote for whomever IMO kicked the most ass in that particular challenge. This week I was weak. /shame

But I'm still gonna go ahead and blame it on bruschetta for dropping the virtual gauntlet (as it were). Ha!

Leave a comment:

• Vicious49
    replied
    There is 1 rule I'd like to throw out there if everyone is ok with it. You are not allowed to vote for yourself.

Obviously we can't police that so it would have to be more of an honor system. I'll admit that I voted for myself as well so it has nothing to do with Yoyo or any one individual. I feel people are posting just to participate even if they don't think their look is particularly good. And then they vote for themselves so it doesn't appear that they didn't get any votes. Pretty sure I did that with the Thrifting challenge. But that was when we needed participation. Now that we might be looking to limit it, I think this could help cut down on some of the entries. If someone throws together an outfit and feels it's not a particularly good luck and might not receive any votes, they are less likely to post it.

Leave a comment:

• yoyorobbo
    replied
    Originally posted by greg_s View Post
    Either way, I get the point of keeping it open, but it just seems a bit broad when the winner has 8 votes. So if someone pulls ahead by like 2-3 votes at this point in time, it is nearly over. UNLESS we get more people voting!
    Yep, I'm pickin' up what you're layin' down, bud.

I meant to cross-post my pic into the WIWT thread again this week (and link to the challenge thread along with it like last time) but I totally dorked-that up - just forgot to do it. My bad. I know Vicious has been doing that, as well as a couple other guys too. I think that might possibly help direct some *unique* views to the challenge thread, hopefully leading to some additional votes, but I can't say for certain. If anything, the whole concept is still fairly *young* here, so maybe it's pick up some speed (and voting participation) in the weeks to come.

Good point regardless, Greg, and good reminder to "exercise your right to vote!"

Leave a comment:

• greg_s
    replied
    Fair enough. I realize there are not 4600 individual people lurking here, but there has to be quite a few. Unless we all compulsively check this thread...

Either way, I get the point of keeping it open, but it just seems a bit broad when the winner has 8 votes. So if someone pulls ahead by like 2-3 votes at this point in time, it is nearly over. UNLESS we get more people voting!

Leave a comment:

• yoyorobbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
    To be fair, the regulars are checking the thread multiple times which is adding to that view count. I alone probably accounted for about 20 views throughout the week.
    If that's how it works, then I'd be ashamed as to how many views I tallied-up myself, in the late hours: watching.. waiting.. watching... biting-nails... dozing-off... waking-back-up... watching.. waiting... dozing... (you get the idea)

Oh, and thanks very much fellas! It really *was* close! Man!!! Good thing I *did* decide to vote for myself this time. LOL - OK, there, I said it. Yeah, I *too* voted for myself. First time though... SWEAR! I think it was probably the recently-relayed concept of "defending the title" that may have pushed me over the self-love edge. (WODER!)

Ah well, all good, and all fun. And let's all please keep in mind that our gracious mods here work pretty darn hard to administer these things (along with their normal duties of keeping our threads clean from spam/trolls/etc and running smoothly in general). So I'd like to extend another thanks to bruschetta, greg_s and probably a few other mods who are doing work behind the curtain - (was it Paul(?) who worked on the poll changes? - I should know this, but my mind is murky this morn) for making this whole thing work. Also, once again a special nod to Alan (we missed you this week, bud!) for the initial idea of these challenges.

Greg, personally I'm not sure if I like the idea of limiting the # of entrants, just due to low voting numbers, but I see your point. As BenR once implored "NEED MOAR VOTES!"

Admittedly I was unable to vote in last week's challenge, as we went on an "up-North" excursion, and unexpectedly lost (for the most part, most of the time) our cell/web connections. Ugh. Once we finally got a solid link, it was too late. So I hate to hate on folsk too much for not voting, as things *do* come up in RL that may limit our chances to join in. Just my two gold pieces; take them as you may.

Time to think of another theme.... Hmmn... HHhhhhhhmmmmmmmnnnnnnnn..........

Leave a comment:

• Vicious49
    replied
    To be fair, the regulars are checking the thread multiple times which is adding to that view count. I alone probably accounted for about 20 views throughout the week.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X