No announcement yet.

Friday challenge 7/26/2013 - "I Guess That's Why They Call It *the Blues*"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kept things a bit lighter this time around.... Asterisks indicate items in compliance with the challenge theme.

*JCF oxford cloth jacket
    *Neiman Marcus shirt
    *Target pocket square
    *Nantucket belt
    JCF linen/cotton trousers
    *Casio Edifice watch
    Johnston & Murphy shoes
    Ben

Comment

Gargao - Nice, way to go all the way on the theme! Dig the blue wristband on the watch.

BenR - Really cool looking blazer, I like the oxford cloth

Comment

Got my outfit on. Just waiting for the wife to get home to get my pics.

I decided not to go with a blazer this go around since I want to do something a bit different each time.

Comment

Here's my entry. Sorry that the pictures are not the best quality.

Express 1mx shirt (blue)
          Some random tie (blue, red, and navy)
          Stafford navy cotton blazer (navy blue)
          Skagen watch (blue)
          JCF lightweight cotton pants
          AE walnut strands

Comment

I've set the poll up with the new formatting. We can have as many poll options as are needed thanks to Paul's changes. I'll continue to add names as more people join in. Looking good, guys!

Comment

Furious J. Styles is in the building!

Suit: Deep navy Express Producer
              Shirt: Sky blue pin dot Banana Republic
              Tie: Yellow/blue J. Crew
              Handkerchief: Blue silk striped no-name from Ocean City, MD
              Socks: Blue striped Target/Merona
              Shoes: Stafford Ashton wingtip
              Belt: Brown Martin Dingman
              Watch: Limited edition silver Honda

Comment

I decided to go semi-casual today hence the pose reflecting that. I really do need to get myself a tie bar though.

Blue items:
                Shirt - JCrew
                Jeans - BR Factory
                Tie - Gitman Bros
                Socks - BR

I decided to go with brown for the shoes and belt to provide some contrast.

Comment

Vicious, No tie bar needed. I really like that outfit.

Comment

Vicious, I really like the the understated tie and white contrast stripe on the socks.

BenR, if we lived closer I'd, um, borrow that blazer. Very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                      Vicious, No tie bar needed. I really like that outfit.
                      Never though I'd hear bruschetta compliment a tie-sans-jacket outfit, though I too like the outfit.

Comment

Some darn good stuff coming in here.

Vicious, that's a great look. For me a tie bar is really more for it's function. If I'm at work with a tie, it's pretty much necessary so it doesn't drive me nuts flopping about.

BenR, I love the oxford jacket. My budget however, is blown for a bit.

I was gonna sit this week out, but some blue Champlains from Bonobos happened to show up today, so we'll see how creative I feel in the morning. It's been a helluva week =)

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
                          Never though I'd hear bruschetta compliment a tie-sans-jacket outfit, though I too like the outfit.
                          It's usually not my thing, but I like the tie + button down shirt combination. I think that it works so well because the tie's textured. Is it wool? Linen? The rolled up sleeves also add to the charm.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
                            It's usually not my thing, but I like the tie + button down shirt combination. I think that it works so well because the tie's textured. Is it wool? Linen? The rolled up sleeves also add to the charm.
                            Not sure what material it is. If I had to guess I'd say wool. It's definitely not linen.

I also purposely went with the Aberdeens due to them being longwings, having a rougher texture, and a lugsole which makes them more casual.

Comment

I tried to keep it seasonal as well as meet the criteria for the challenge. I have another one in the pipeline, but it seems too dark IMO.
                              The pants are really light blue, they didn't photograph very well (or I suck at taking pictures)

*Jacket: BBF Chino
                              *Shirt: JCF (blue tattersall, I think that's what this pattern is called)
                              *Belt: JCF
                              *Tie: JCF cotton knit
                              *Pants: JCF lightweight chino
                              Socks: none (trying to keep it summery, ya know)
                              Shoes: AE MacNeil
                              Watch (not shown): Timex on brown leather strap from Michaels
                              Last edited by MarkB; July 26, 2013, 01:16 AM.
                              Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Dirty bathroom or not, I'm in. My attempt at a dressed up workwear ensemble. I'm sure I'll lose the jacket once the temps rise today, but for a mid 50's Ohio morning I'm going with it.

Blazer: Stafford Navy Hopsack
                                Shirt: JCF Blue Chambray
                                Jeans: GAP 1969 Selvedge (These are just about 4 years old and by far have been the longest lasting jeans I've ever owned)
                                Belt: BR
                                Watch (not shown): Timex on Crown & Buckle leather strap
                                Shoes (not shown): Clarks Desert Boot
                                Last edited by dackman; July 26, 2013, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X