Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bonobos Tremont jacket in navy or khaki?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonobos Tremont jacket in navy or khaki?

While Bonobos has an extra 25% off promo running, I was thinking of picking up one of their cotton/linen blend jackets for the warm weather. My questions are:

1. Would you go with the navy or khaki? Which would be more versatile in the spring/summer?
    2. Do you think it would be fine to wear as a blazer (without the matching suit pants)?

Navy: http://www.bonobos.com/navy-linen-suit-jacket-for-men
    Khaki: http://www.bonobos.com/khaki-linen-suit-jacket-for-men

I like the navy one, think it would be a little more versatile personally. Especially in our area where it has rained every day for last 200 days. Something seems off to me about wearing a khaki-colored coat when it's dreery, muggy, and gross. I also feel like the buttons on the khaki one are strange being pearl/white (could just be me).

Comment

Agree with DerekH, the navy is more versatile (and agree those white buttons look whack). I think the khaki would be a little harder to pull off as a sport coat than the navy. Unless you already have a lightweight navy jacket, of course...

Comment

Navy is definitely more versatile, but if you already have a navy jacket, then I would go with khaki.
        Check out my men's style and fitness website: www.wellbuiltstyle.com

Stay Fit. Look Sharp.

Comment

I have a navy jacket that is a thicker cotton. It's not light enough to wear in the summer. It's more of a fall season weight. I need to get a lighter one (which hopefully this one can fill that role) and a wool one that will be good for much colder temps.

Thanks for the assist. I'm going to give the navy a try. Their CS person said their jackets fit TTS so let's hope that's correct.

Comment

Navy will be more versatile. And I'm also not wild about that particular khaki sports coat. But I have both a navy and a cream colored (close-ish to khaki) linen-cotton sports coat and the cream colored one draws way more raves than the navy. It just looks breezy and relaxed. Whereas navy, even in unstructured cotton-linen, somehow hints a the formality of a traditional navy wool blazer. So I think your intended usage for the jacket makes a difference. I choose which one to wear based on context, and the navy one is indeed more versatile, but, in general, I tend to wear the navy one when I know I'll be out in the evening and the cream one when I'm out mainly during the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Idle_Hands View Post
              Navy will be more versatile. And I'm also not wild about that particular khaki sports coat. But I have both a navy and a cream colored (close-ish to khaki) linen-cotton sports coat and the cream colored one draws way more raves than the navy. It just looks breezy and relaxed. Whereas navy, even in unstructured cotton-linen, somehow hints a the formality of a traditional navy wool blazer. So I think your intended usage for the jacket makes a difference. I choose which one to wear based on context, and the navy one is indeed more versatile, but, in general, I tend to wear the navy one when I know I'll be out in the evening and the cream one when I'm out mainly during the day.
              Can you link the cream one you have?

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                While Bonobos has an extra 25% off promo running, I was thinking of picking up one of their cotton/linen blend jackets for the warm weather. My questions are:

1. Would you go with the navy or khaki? Which would be more versatile in the spring/summer?
                2. Do you think it would be fine to wear as a blazer (without the matching suit pants)?

Navy: http://www.bonobos.com/navy-linen-suit-jacket-for-men
                Khaki: http://www.bonobos.com/khaki-linen-suit-jacket-for-men

I guess you are lucky enough to be a 38?

Also this seems to have the same issue as the one I just which is these things are really short for people over 5'11

Comment

Originally posted by sean_anon View Post
                  I guess you are lucky enough to be a 38?

Also this seems to have the same issue as the one I just which is these things are really short for people over 5'11
                  Yes, I'm a 38R. Also, I've always thought I was 5'8" but a doctor visit last week actually measured me in at 5'7" so hopefully I shouldn't have an issue with the jacket being too short.

Comment

Working...
                  X