Reversible Dress Belt Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reversible Dress Belt Recommendation

Anyone have any recommendations for a good reversible dress belt (black/brown)? I'm looking for something pretty standard with just a standard silver buckle as well. I'd like to keep it under $50 or so but I'm open to any reasonably priced ones. Thanks

This was mentioned on this site a while ago, ive been thinking of grabbing it

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/c...tegoryID=47673

Comment

Don't get a reversible belt if you plan on wearing it more than 5 times a year. You are going to have to buy a new belt every year.

The alternative is to buy a brown and black belt, and wear them for 10-15 years or until your waist adds 6 inches haha. And it's easy to find belts for under 25$ each so you can hit your 50$ mark.

Comment

I'll second that. I have one and found I wear it constantly and it is cracking on both sides now. If I had know how much wear I was going to get from it I would have got one of each.

Comment

The Gap standard belt gets a lot of praise from Joe and you can get them during a good sale for <$50 for both. BR sales get to 40% off or more so I assume Gap would be the same way?

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...&pid=600175012

Comment

Maybe it depends on the reversible belt in question. I don't wear mine everyday, but I wear it a couple of times per week, and it's so old that I can't recall how long I've had it. I think it's in the neighborhood of 9 years old and going VERY strong.

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
              Maybe it depends on the reversible belt in question. I don't wear mine everyday, but I wear it a couple of times per week, and it's so old that I can't recall how long I've had it. I think it's in the neighborhood of 9 years old and going VERY strong.
              Mine is cracked at the belt hole I use and I am probably going to throw it out when I go through my closet and do trash/donate/ebay. I haven't had good luck with belts. It's hard to find a 32 in stores...I'm a 29/30 waist. I have a casual/jeans GAP belt that squeaks like a mice on speed. I had a good brown belt but I got paint on it when I was going through my condo while it was being de-popcorned. I wear the Costco Kirkland brand belt's to work right now. They are fine for $20 belts. I'll upgrade at some point though to better leather.

Comment

I know Joe has mentioned a reversible belt from Target on the main site. I think it was $20-$25.
                Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Mine is a Dillard's store brand belt. It was probably in the $50 range, but possibly a bit more. It's been so long I can't recall. Maybe the problem isn't reversible belts. Maybe the problem is cheap belts.

Comment

Best belt I've owned was a Lacoste reversible stitched leather belt. They had a ton of them at Marshalls stores (Michigan) for $25. I'm getting another.

Comment

If you want a high-quality reversible belt and can spend about another $20 more, you could go bespoke. Seriously, my local cobbler also deals in leather-working and has access to really good quality leather. You could check your local cobbler and see if they offer it. Add a plaque belt buckle that clamps down (like that J Crew one that was really popular in 2012 http://www.jcrew.com/mens_category/a...2020/02020.jsp) and it'll probably last you years of waist growth.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Lo View Post
                        and it'll probably last you years of waist growth.
                        What a depressing look into the future, D-Lo. LOL - sad, but likely true for many of us.

Comment

I've learned from Barney Stinson that you never ever buy a reversible belt. It's the sartorial kiss of death.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                            What a depressing look into the future, D-Lo. LOL - sad, but likely true for many of us.
                            I hadn't considered that: I hope no one is offended. My intent is that if he were to buy an expensive belt, it had better last for a while! I fluctuate +/- 2" on my waistline any given year, personally.

Comment

The gap one seemed shiny and cheap looking in person

Comment

Working...
                              X