Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will my Supergas be comfortable for 4 days of walking in Disneyland?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will my Supergas be comfortable for 4 days of walking in Disneyland?

Going to Disneyland in a few weeks with the family and I'm wondering if my Supergas will be comfortable enough, or if I should buy a running shoe, or some oher type of sneaker. These are the ones that I have:
    http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban...k=g&matchtype=

I have the same shoes, and my question back to you would be: how well do they fit?

My left shoe is almost imperceptibly narrower than my right shoe and squeezes my left little toe just enough that they would not work for me on a 4-day Disney visit. As far as comfort and cushioning, I find them plenty comfortable, and other than the toe squeeze have no issues walking around in them. If you're looking for more comfort, than by all means get a shoe with a more cushioned sole. A lot of folks are ga-ga for the retro New Balance Classics, like the 1300, 1400, or 574 - all of which are very cushioned and comfortable (and bonus, some are Made in USA).

Comment

I'd agree with Jamie re: how your shoes fit. I've never tried on supergas, but I wore my ProKeds for 7 days straight at Disney this past December. No comfort issues whatsoever. I will say that you should bring a pair of shoe trees to put in them when you get back to the hotel though. After the third day of 15 hours of wear/walking the canvas on the inside of the heels of my shoes started to tear because they weren't allowed to completely dry.
      Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Thanks! I think I'm going to look into getting a pair of those new balances that you mentioned.

Comment

Having worked at Disney World and spent countless hours in the parks, I wore a pair of Nike cortez shoes with a more softer insole. I also would recommend buying a pair of comfortable, arch support flip flops as you more than likely would get wet. Plus you stay cool.

Comment

I don't have experience with Supergas but concur with Jamie that New Balance (I have a pair of gray 574s) would likely be much more comfortable for four days of walking around Disneyland. My Vans Authentics are likely similar to Supergas and although they're much more comfortable for me than Chuck Taylors they still don't have much in terms of padding or arch support. Fine for a day out with the family but not four days pounding the pavement, IMO. I think this would qualify as a situation where I'd be willing to sacrifice a modicum of stylishness for comfort. NBs don't look as sleek and stylish as plimsolls but they're not nearly as bad as the white athletic shoes (incl. "non-retro" NBs) you'll see most guys wearing there.

Comment

Go on a 4 mile walk or so around your house. That's the best way to figure out if a pair of shoes is comfortable enough for walking around a lot. If you get blisters or hotspots, you might want to consider taking a different pair of shoes.
              Ben

Comment

Still waiting for the day when NB produces a shoe I wouldn't mind wearing.
                Is it even possible?

Comment

Working...
                X