Question about sunglasses from today's post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about sunglasses from today's post

Interesting article. I saw this question raised in the comments, but no good suggestions. Anyone have some good tips/ideas for those of us who wear glasses and prescription sunglasses? It got me thinking since I will be walking around DC in a couple of weeks, and would love to use both, without looking ridiculous. I am thinking a shirt with a button front pocket might help. However, I need to be mindful or not breaking or scratching my glasses. Plus, I know there a re a ton of metal detectors, so I assume they would come out of the pocket then going into any building.

If you wear a sport coat or suit, you can always put one set in the inside jacket pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by alan View Post
      If you wear a sport coat or suit, you can always put one set in the inside jacket pocket.
      That does work rather well. I am not sure of anything great when dressed for something less formal, like playing tourist, etc.

Comment

Yeah, wearing a sport coat while playing tourist is probably not gonna work out very well - unless by "a few weeks" you mean "in October"... Its just too hot this time of year to wear anymore than you have to!

As for metal detectors, sunglasses really shouldn't be setting them off, as most of the tourist venues (like Smithsonian museums) in DC don't have as rigid security measures as say an airport. You'll go through a metal detector and they will check your bags, but its not like you will have to take your shoes and belt off.

Being an eyeglass wearer who generally hates wearing contacts all day, I'm also curious if anyone has a good solution for carrying glasses and sunglasses without a sport coat!

p.s. - if you're looking for advice on your DC visit, hit me up - or post a thread, I'm sure there are plenty on here who can offer some good suggestions.

Comment

Working...
        X