$2 new shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$2 new shoes

ok, not exactly new shoes. I just replaced the laces but I really do feel like I got new shoes as I can't stop looking at them.

Here's the before pic (someone elses picture I googled but my laces were really sunwashed and looked bad):

With my $2 new laces:

What do you guys think?

@ninpb, I'm not the biggest fan of the shoes themselves (the stitching is a bit too busy for me), but I agree that the new (sleeker) laces look quite a bit better!

Comment

Does anyone have a suggestion for something with the same color options as these Allen Edmonds laces (http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline...40000000001_-1), but a little bit shorter (2-3 eyelets) and perhaps a little cheaper?

Comment

They look like sneakers made with leather instead of canvas. No bueno.

Comment

Yeah, sorry @ninpb. It feels great when you reinvigorate something in your wardrobe, but not a fan of those guys.
          "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Thanks for your input guys, I really do appreciate it.

I think BJM is right that it looks like sneakers. I think that's why I got it. This was 3 years ago when I still had the phobia of being overdressed in a room.
            Thanks to my wife, moving up in career/office environment and this forum, I'm starting to learn the balance of dressing well.

Even if I am overdressed for the room now, I am more comfortable now than 3 years ago. Heck, thanks to you guys and Enoch Thompson, I think I can wear wingtips any where!

Funny thing what the mind holds on to. I remember in high school for my volleyball team's end of season banquet at a super casual restaurant where everybody was in jeans and shirts, some kid on JV came in wearing a three piece. I swear it was just like the movies where the record scratched/skipped and the whole room was silent. I think this is where I developed my phobia.

Comment

Working...
            X