Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scoring Allen Edmonds on the Cheap - Dappered Braintrust Activate

Hey All,

We are all brought together at dappered because of our appreciation of affordable clothes, but it seems that there is a wide consensus that AE's are worthy of a splurge. I have been drooling over some walnut strands for quite some time, and am planning to make my move on picking some up.

With the holiday sales approaching, I am hoping this thread can be advice and experience on the best way to save some dough on Allen Edmonds. Nordstrom half-yearly sale for men? Endless 20% off when they come around? Where have you found the cheapest deal on AE's in the past? I am patient and want to wait for a good deal, so where will I find it?

Also, I know a lot of people have had some luck on ebay, but most of the gently used pairs I have found have been about $200. I figure with a good sale or coupon I could get them used for $250 or less and would rather spend a little extra to get them new since I am planning on them last a long time.

So, what say you wise shoppers of dappered? Who boasts the best sale on AE's?

I just learned about Amazon Warehouse that sells used / open merchandise:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_n_...rnid=679797011

Comment

AE outlet stores just had a 2 for $200 deal on factory seconds (I think just discontinued models?). Not sure if it's still going on, but if you call a store and find out they can email you a list of stock for your size and take an order over the phone. I just bought two pairs myself and can't tell they're seconds at all.

There's the Nordstrom sale as you mentioned, which Endless will price match (how I got my Strands), and of Endless 20% sales are great. Shoebuy.com also has occasional sales which can yield deals just as good.

Nordstrom Rack generally has a bunch of AE shoes, though I've never seen any of the more popular models there. They're a solid deal if you can find any on sale or clearance.

I heard AE is going to have some sort of Black Friday sale but I don't know the details, so that's something to watch out for.

Comment

Look at the recently completed auctions. Just looking at 8s and 8.5s (I have tiny ballerina feet) I see prices as low as $100-$150 for Strands. Find one that says "Buy it now" and wait for it to get close to the expiration. Then offer $100-$150.

Comment

Also a relevant thread:

http://threads.dappered.com/topic/al...-200#post-4941

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

Hey guys, just an update, AE strands are 25% off at endless.com right now as part of their pre-black friday sale. I got them for $243, free two day shipping and free returns

Comment

You can get 10% cashback for Endless through Mr. Rebates as well, (though I've been having issues getting my purchases credited).

Comment

Amazon is currently running a 30% off sale on a variety of shoes, including many styles of AEs.

Comment

Lands End has 30% of everything including Allen Edmonds.

Comment

W/ the Amazon deals you may want to check out Johnston & Murphy as well. Similar looking shoes for half the price.

Comment

I don't think the quality of the new (last decade or more) J&M brand is as high as AE though. I guess it depends on how long / how much you intend to wear the shoe.

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

Looking at picking up some AE's now. Here's where they all come in for price:

Amazon: $325 - 30%, free shipping, no tax = $227.50

Endless: $325 - 25% - 10% cash back, free shipping, free returns: $219.38

Lands End: $325 - 30% - 3.5% cash back, free shipping + TAX (VA): $238.88

Lands End has the highest price, but some may want to consider it given their INCREDIBLY relaxed return policy. You can basically return any item, any time, for any reason at a sears store.

Endless has the best price hands down and free returns, though. Amazon looks to be the worst deal of the bunch.

Comment

Hardrain, just letting you know that the Freeport Maine Allen Edmonds store is having a sale on seconds. Their # is 207-865-6222 and you can order by phone. Most seconds are $150 and they come in "as new" condition.

Comment

Thanks bruschetta, I ordered some from endless, but with free returns I might have to send em back and order some from the Maine store if they have my size.

Comment

I just posted a full list of the sale stock here: http://threads.dappered.com/topic/al...nksgiving-sale

Comment

Working...
                              X