Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BR Branson Penny Loafer - Anyone have this shoe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BR Branson Penny Loafer - Anyone have this shoe?

Been looking for a brown penny for awhile, like the look of this one and with the 40% off it seems like a decent deal (With tax out the door at $97)? Anyone have experience with quality? It has a few bad reviews, not sure how legit they are. I have reasonable expectations and understand this won't be an uber high-quality shoe for daily wear and it's not an AE or the like. (please save "AE or nothing, don't buy anything for $100" sort of advice if you all don't mind.) :-)

It will be an every now and again mix in to my rotation and a complement to tassel loafers.

Thanks gents!
    "Waste no time arguing what a good man should be. Be one." – Marcus Aurelius

Also, for penny loafers, I'm looking for something more modern than a Weejun or the like, higher vamp, etc, that's why I'm interested in this one. I like the more trad style but they don't look right on my stubby feet (Read: they make them look more small and stubby.)

Comment

They're kinda 'meh' IMO. The apron seems to go a little too far down, and the semi-beefroll stitching on the strap is a bit odd for the style. They're not bad, I just don't think I would wear them.

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcgeever View Post
        They're kinda 'meh' IMO. The apron seems to go a little too far down, and the semi-beefroll stitching on the strap is a bit odd for the style. They're not bad, I just don't think I would wear them.
        Interesting. I like the style personally, I was more just curious if they were still a decent buy at the 40% off.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback BJM..

Comment

I got this shoe on sale as an impulse bay last year and the stitching on the toe seperated on the second wear. I was very disapointed and figured I'd send them to a cobbler to restitch but never have. They've sat in the bottom of my closet ever since...

Comment

Originally posted by Sigtweed Corduroy View Post
              Interesting. I like the style personally, I was more just curious if they were still a decent buy at the 40% off.
              Oh, gotcha. My first stop is always eBay, but if you can't find anything you like for a similar price, these seem like a good buy for $100.

Comment

Originally posted by Sigtweed Corduroy View Post
                Been looking for a brown penny for awhile, like the look of this one and with the 40% off it seems like a decent deal (With tax out the door at $97)? Anyone have experience with quality? It has a few bad reviews, not sure how legit they are. I have reasonable expectations and understand this won't be an uber high-quality shoe for daily wear and it's not an AE or the like. (please save "AE or nothing, don't buy anything for $100" sort of advice if you all don't mind.) :-)

It will be an every now and again mix in to my rotation and a complement to tassel loafers.

Thanks gents!
                Get these for $53 and beat em up for a season or two.

http://us.asos.com/ASOS-Penny-Loafer...XRoZXIvUHJvZC8.

Comment

My experience with these was that the quality was atrocious. However, 1) there were aspects of the design at the time that I think were the culprit that have since been changed; and 2) I have since bought other BR shoes that have held up fairly well. But I bought those for way under the list price (about $80 altogether).

Comment

Excellent feedback gents, I appreciate it! I think I might take the leap.

Comment

Working...
                    X