H&M online store: when?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H&M online store: when?

It was to my understanding that the H&M online store would be launching this summer. Anyone have any word as to when this is happening exactly? Has it been delayed? Is it going to be late summer?

I heard it would debut early fall. I'm excited for it as there is no H&M store with 5 hours to me. The quality isn't great, but I like their casual cotton blazers and whenever I go home stop buy to pick up some henley's and v-necks.

Comment

I read in the WSJ that they plan on launching in August. Granted, they've repeatedly pushed it back since at least early 2012...

Comment

Yeah, I feel like the rumor of the online launch being just around the corner has gotten so old as to stretch credibility by now.

In the time it has taken H&M to get on its online game, I have honestly moved on. I used to buy from them in college but their quality is awful and it is just as easy to find inexpensive basics at places like Target. If I want to buy something like a blazer or a pair of shoes, I will save my money and put it into something that is well-made and not likely to fall apart after a couple seasons.
        Ben

Comment

H&M's inability to do this is somewhat baffling. I have to imagine they'd make more money if they had an online store. Since they have very seasonal items perhaps online sales wouldn't be terribly efficient, but you'd have to assume they would make at least some money from it.

It's freaking 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan Liu View Post
            H&M's inability to do this is somewhat baffling. I have to imagine they'd make more money if they had an online store. Since they have very seasonal items perhaps online sales wouldn't be terribly efficient, but you'd have to assume they would make at least some money from it.

It's freaking 2013.
            Yes. I hate to be that guy, but what could possibly be taking them so long? Is it simply a demand/supply issue? Licensing of some sort? Has this ever been hinted at or addressed? I'm just curious.

But +1 to LesserBlackDog, in the meantime, I've moved on...

Comment

H&M has been missing out on a store here in Ottawa for 10 years because nowhere was ever good enough (it looks like they are going to do a decent purpose built one here) so taking their time seems to be the corporate culture. But the internet waits for no -one...

Comment

Working...
              X