Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cloths for Brown Skin

Hi,
    Can anybody guide me to find the clothing materials for people with brown skin, dark brown eyes and brown hair?

Here is a good guide for complementing your skin color - http://effortlessgent.com/back-to-ba...our-skin-type/

ultimately you can stick to the core colors of the male wardrobe: navy, light blue, white, khaki, grey and you would be fine regardless of your skin color.

Comment

Sortof depends on the tone of the skin. I'm assuming from your username that we're talking about the broad family of south asian skin tones. If your darker (what I'd associate with Southern India), I've seen a lot of bright colors really pop (bright pinks, purples, colder bright green). If you're lighter, I've found the most important factor is to get an intuition for how your skin tone looks against certain fabrics - you don't want the same middle level of color saturation in the tones you wear as in your skin (this is in my opinion - pretty light skins can get away with pretty unsaturated colors (pastels), and pretty dark skins can get away with pretty saturated colors (like the bold ones I just recommended), but middle levels of saturation can be hard to match without looking muddy (the trick is getting something that appears opposite to one of the other color-dimensions of the skin. It's hard to express, but you'll know it when you see it). If you're particularly light (some south asians I've known are as light-skinned as pretty pale caucasians, but their skin has a different cast - less pink, more white / ecru), then use the same rules you'd use for caucasian skin, but know that you have less pink.

I apologize if this post is confusing (and even more if my crazy-broad generalizations are offensive - they're not meant to be) - my sartorial understanding of color is pretty limited. You might get more informative responses if you gave a little more detail - roughly what's your skin tone, and how are you planning on dressing (formal, office, office casual, tech office, school)?

Comment

I'm 'brown' but I never put that much thought in to it. When you try something on you should be able to tell right away if it looks right or if something's off.

Comment

Vicious49 - I'm deficient there, have very limited sartorial intuition, hence my need for explicit analysis.

Comment

Other options along this line are:
            Image Matters For Men: How to Dress for Success! http://www.amazon.com/Image-Matters-...=image+for+men

The Science of Personal Dress http://www.thescienceofpersonaldress.com/ geared more toward women but includes a section for men. Overall I think this is contains a broader range of information than Image Matters For Men however, Image Matters For Men does have more pictures

Comment

Working...
            X