Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I get shoe trees for these?

Bass Weejuns Larson : https://bassshoes.harborghb.com/bass-weejuns-mens
    Clarks Desert Boot Nubucks : http://www.clarksusa.com/eng/product...t_men/26063688
    Alfani Monk Straps : http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/a...=65&kws=828553
    JCP Stafford Camlin Wingtip Boot : http://dappered.com/2012/12/jcp-extr...s-family-sale/

Thanks!
    Eric

I would. The only thing that will happen is your shoes will (likely) last longer, regardless of how much they cost. The only ones I wouldn't use them on are the Clark's, but that's just me. I like mine better with a little wear on them. I don't have trees for all of my shoes. I have three pair and I just rotate them as needed, not sure it's the best move, but my shoes are holding up pretty well.
    Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
      I would. The only thing that will happen is your shoes will (likely) last longer, regardless of how much they cost. The only ones I wouldn't use them on are the Clark's, but that's just me. I like mine better with a little wear on them. I don't have trees for all of my shoes. I have three pair and I just rotate them as needed, not sure it's the best move, but my shoes are holding up pretty well.
      I do the same and it works fine for me.

As to the OP, I don't use trees on sneakers, boat shoes, or anything where the use of trees is likely to do more harm than good. I think the Weejusn and Desert Boot may fall into the "don't need to shoe tree" category. I have put in shoe trees in cheap glued shoes like the latter two in your post and I'd say it did help some, although don't expect it work miracles.

Comment

I'd probably have at least one shoe tree for that list, and put it in whatever I wore on a given day, when I take it off at night. It'll absorb moisture and help keep them from starting to smell.

Comment

Get some shoe trees anyways. They will help increase the lifespan of your shoes regardless. If you happen to get higher end shoes in the future, then you can just put the shoe trees in those. Or you can create your own shoe tree hierarchy at that point. Having shoe trees is a good idea regardless of the cost of the shoes you wear.

Comment

Thank you all. These are just the shoes that I have that DON'T have trees. My other shoes 1901's, Allen Edmonds , Johnson Murphy's DO have trees.

Final question though… do you need a "special" tree for boots or will the same tree work in them? Say if I got the Allen Edmonds boots, will i need a BOOT TREE for those? If there is such a thing…

Thanks again.

Comment

I only have 1 pair of shoe trees that I rotate. I put them in right after taking off my shoes at home (even sneakers) just to get rid of moisture accumulated from sweat. I read somewhere that it's the first few hours after you take off your shoes that matter the most in terms of retaining shoe shape.

Comment

zxu shoe trees are so cheap, just buy some more and keep them in, should help keep the shape and reduce winkles.

Comment

Don't think any of those need trees. If you already have trees you could rotate some in there I suppose.

Comment

If you have shoe trees, just rotate them in... Putting a shoe tree in every shoe permanently is a bit excessive. I only store my nicest dress shoes with shoe trees permanently, the rest just rotate in whenever I take them off.

To answer your question about boot trees, they exist. It wouldn't hurt since it would help absorb moisture through the whole boot, but I wouldn't worry too much about it if you can't find any.

Comment

I just have regular trees for my Daltons because they fit through the toe better. For my Red Wing Iron Rangers I have boot trees since they are larger and fit that style of boot better.

Personally, I'd put trees in all but the desert boots. They can be had for a song during Jos A Bank sales or just at Nordstrom Rack. For the prices they dip to, why not?
                      "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Working...
                      X