Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so i ended up buying the banana republic topcoat people recommended....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so i ended up buying the banana republic topcoat people recommended....

Jumped on it during the last sale and it looks great! but it is so incredibly thin! i will not be getting much warmth out of this. So the hunt for warmth continues, or can someone recommend layering ideas for a guy who likes jeans and an untucked button down most days?

this is the coat i am referring to btw

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...scid=875022002

i feel like most of BR's stuff is pretty thin =( they are wandering off my preference list

Comment

Header, I agree 100%. I used to work at Banana for about five years and pretty much wouldn't wear anything but BR. However, they have become the new GAP. Cheap quality, bad fit. I have definitely switched over to J. Crew now. The J. Crew factory stuff is twice the quality of BR. I won't even get into BR Factory. I am disappointed in them.

Comment

Omar, for layering; since i read you are deciding to keep the top coat(which is very well fitting, at least on the model), i think your best bet is to just add a nice merino wool vneck sweater or a cardigan over your bd(i suggest tucking in the bd though, your call, but i just think the untucked bd under a sweater looks best and most classy when tucked, especially with a nice top coat like the BR), jeans, and some beacons (i have ll bean rangers, identical to becaons but got them alot cheaper)

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
        I>0<I

Comment

I agree with Max on the sweater and tuck.

For a warmer coat, I can find a really nice thick warm wool coat for around $15 pretty much every time I go to a thrift store. If you live in a colder climate there will be plenty. It may need some tailoring, but it will still be cheaper, warmer and better constructed than most anything you can find for a decent price today.

Comment

beacons?

Comment

I have a stupid question.....I too have the above BR coat. It's my first "long" coat and I was wondering how the proper way to hangup the coat would be when going out. For example, I was hanging it on the chair but since it was so long, the bottom part was just picking up dirt and dust on the floor. Do you guys just fold your coats?

Comment

fold it a little or if possible check it.

Comment

Omar beacons i was referring to were the Sebago becons. sorry

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                  I>0<I

Comment

Working...
                  X