Which loafer should I keep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which loafer should I keep?

I just got four different loafers in from the AE Tent Sale, all for just about the same price with very similar styling. Unfortunately, I can only keep one pair. The McGraws were the most comfortable out of the box, but all of them were decent. For reference, I've got one other pair of shoes in dark brown suede (AE Malvern), one other pair in dark brown calf (AE Kenilworth), and one other pair in light brown suede (TBNY shortwings).

Pics follow:

McGraw in chocolate suede

McGraw in chocolate suede
    0.00%
    Singleton in brown calf
    44.44%
    Innsbrook in chocolate suede
    0.00%
    Singleton in snuff suede
    55.56%

Singleton in brown calf:

Comment

Innsbrook in chocolate suede

Comment

Singleton in snuff suede

Comment

I like the McGraw and Singleton. I'm a big fan of how suede looks in pictures, but in real life, at least in my experience, it gets too messy too quickly. So ultimately I'd go with the leather Singleton

Comment

My favorites are the Singleton in brown calf and snuff suede. the other two are rather dark. I wear most of my loafers during the warmer months where I'm also usually wearing lighter colors... Thus, the two above. The brown calf is still pretty dark, but it's an appropriate dress loafer. I'm not sure what's going on with the heels counter on those things, but it wouldn't be a deal breaker for me if I got them for the right price.

Since I can only vote for one, I'm just not going to vote. It would depend completely on whether you need dressy or casual. If dressy, then the brown calf.Iif casual, then the snuff suede.

Comment

This is going to sound like a dumb question, but why do you want loafers? How are you planning on wearing them? I have several pairs of loafers but to be honest I hardly wear them. When I do it's because I want something casual and fun so my blue suede Meermins might actually be my most worn loafers. The calf Singletons are by far the most versatile IMO, but there are so many other shoes I would probably wear first personally. The snuff suede Singleton looks great, but is not nearly as versatile and is a bit more peacocky. Since that's the one I'd keep I'm voting for it, but obviously your needs vary. If you don't have that many dark brown shoes the calf Singleton might be a better fit for your closet.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                This is going to sound like a dumb question, but why do you want loafers? How are you planning on wearing them?
                A dumb question? Nay, a great one. Currently, I've got one paif of AE Randolphs in a mid brown (a bit darker than walnut). It's a full strap penny that straddles the line between dressy and casual. I've been wearing them quite frequently and wanting another pair. Most of my outfits aren't too formal: blazer w/o tie with wool pants or chinos.

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                The calf Singletons are by far the most versatile IMO, but there are so many other shoes I would probably wear first personally. The snuff suede Singleton looks great, but is not nearly as versatile and is a bit more peacocky. Since that's the one I'd keep I'm voting for it, but obviously your needs vary. If you don't have that many dark brown shoes the calf Singleton might be a better fit for your closet.
                I agree with you on all points. I think I just need to decide which will get the most wear.

Comment

Based purely on aesthetics, the singleton in snuff suede. However I don't know what the rest of your shoe collection looks like so I don't know what you need or may be missing.

Comment

I voted for the singleton in snuff but was very tempted to go for the same model in calf. I think that with you already having the AE randolph (which I agree straddles the line) you should get this pair. I've got the Innsbrook in brown calf and IMO they look better than the suede model you received.

Comment

Working...
                    X