Square Toe Conundrum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Square Toe Conundrum

I was recently given a pair or Johnston and Murphy Knowland Penny Loafers by a friend who they did not fit. The shoes are brand new, and best of all, free. The only problem is that they have a square toe. I have included a link to a picture below (sorry the pic is so small), can these shoes work or is that toe too square? As always, I appreciate any and all input.

I'd wear 'em. They're far from the square toe monstrosities that cause style bloggers' restless sleep.

Comment

doesn't matter; free shoes

Comment

They're not that square. Go ahead and wear em. That, or sell them on eBay and buy another pair.
        Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. ~Twain

Comment

I'd at least give it a shot.

Comment

I think they are fine. And, the price is great!

Comment

Personally, I'd sell them and buy some better looking ones. That being said, they aren't horrible.
              "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Originally posted by DXLi View Post
                They're not that square. Go ahead and wear em. That, or sell them on eBay and buy another pair.
                Agree w this, they lean toward a square toe shape, but aren't flat-front toes (my term for them). If you're comfortable in them and don't mind how they look, stride with pride. If it's going to bother you, sell/swap for something you're more comfortable with.

Comment

Look fine to me. Doesn't look like you're wearing tissue boxes on your feet.

Comment

I doubt most people would notice, or care. Most of the style advice and rules found on here and other similar places on the internet are for your own personal enjoyment, so if you'll feel comfortable, wear them. If you won't, then sell them on ebay and subsidize a different shoe purchase.

Comment

Those look fine! As long as you cant open a bottle with them.

Comment

This so called friend did this to you on purpose. He intentionally chose a shoe somewhere between round and square, knowing you would be besieged with indecision on whether to wear them.

Comment

Working...
                        X