Patch pockets and pocket squares ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BB View Post
    And by the way, the chest pocket on that grey sport coat posted above is indeed a patch pocket. Notice the curved seam underneath.
    So it is, good eye, I didn't notice it at all. I still prefer it to the first picture though. This isn't a condemnation of that style of suit, or patch pockets in general. More like just that particular one. And even that is just my personal opinion, so pay no attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Trueflame View Post
      So it is, good eye, I didn't notice it at all. I still prefer it to the first picture though. This isn't a condemnation of that style of suit, or patch pockets in general. More like just that particular one. And even that is just my personal opinion, so pay no attention.
      I didn't either! Can't even see the curved edge on my phone.

Comment

DXLi - I want a partial refund. :-)

The link only seems to get through the first "principle"

Is "Principle 2: Keep elements of each “fit” within (a) the same aesthetic and (b) within the same level of quality." available anywhere?

Are there further principles?

Comment

I think I just manipulated the URL to see the following pages (that is, I just changed the "1" to "2" for the second page). Or something like that.

Comment

Here's the url:

http://web.archive.org/web/201207120...r-beginners/15

I tried changing the first 0 to a 1, the middle 2 to a 3, and the 15 to a 16 and that didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph65 View Post
              Here's the url:

http://web.archive.org/web/201207120...r-beginners/15

I tried changing the first 0 to a 1, the middle 2 to a 3, and the 15 to a 16 and that didn't work.
              I'm pretty sure that's just the second page, which is accessible using the page links. There's a Part 2, which I'll try to find (if it ever existed).

EDIT: Based on the comments in the commentary thread, it doesn't look like Vox had the new thread written at this archive date (which is the latest one where Part 1 exists). He may have ragequitted SF before finishing it.
              Last edited by DXLi; June 26, 2013, 03:33 PM.
              Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. ~Twain

Comment

Ah. Is it possible that it is not archived? (By the way, I never knew of archiving like this...)

Comment

Originally posted by Murph65 View Post
                  Ah. Is it possible that it is not archived? (By the way, I never knew of archiving like this...)
                  Judging by how much of SF has been crawled, I'm guessing that it would have been archived if it existed. I doubt it existed, though, because Vox's last post on SF (at least under that username) occurred on 7/26, which was just after the latest archive date of 7/12. Someone complained on 7/1 that Vox hadn't yet posted Part 2.
                  Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society. ~Twain

Comment

Thanks very much DXLi. I got a lot out of what was there.

Comment

Working...
                    X