Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tommy Hilfiger Slim fit suit

Hey everybody,

with the big sale Macys had going on yesterday, plus a 20% off coupon I got in the mail, I picked up this Hilfiger suit for about $175 shipped. It was definitely an impulse buy and I can always return it to a store, but I thought I would take a chance.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/tommy-hilfiger-suit-separates-grey-sharkskin-slim-fit?ID=405037&CategoryID=43088#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D2 3

I know this suit has been discussed here and I was hoping anyone that has owned it for awhile had any comments on it. Does it seem pretty sturdy? Will it last?

I only own crappy, boxy, Jos. A Bank suits, and I promised myself I was gonna save up and drop a little coin on a nice suit instead of buying cheap ones, but it seems like I got a steal on a suit that is going for 300 today. Also, since it is sharkskin it probably won't be my "go to" suit, and maybe I will wait to spend more on a navy or charcoal suit that will probably get more use. I just wish it there was a third piece vest I could get with it.

Anyone that has one of these let me know your thoughts on it.

Thanks

I have that suit - kind of an impulse buy for me too, actually. Quality seems ok, it's 100% wool, you're not going to find much better for the price anyway. For a "slim" cut, I found the pants a bit baggy (still need to get them tailored) and the jacket a bit boxy at the shoulders, but it's wearable. If it's something you're only going to wear every now and then I think $175 is a good deal. I'm looking forward to being invited to a daytime summer wedding so I can wear it, and have some fun with it.

Comment

Thanks trash, I'm having a day time summer wedding in June, should I drop you an invite? : )

Of course, you couldn't wear the suit because my bride to be wants me to wear this color,and you can't match the groom. I am thinking I would rather wear a darker, maybe charcoal suit, but this might be the one if it looks decent and the bride gets her way

Comment

I own the Alfani Slim Fit Sharkskin suit, which I preferred over the THF one when purchasing. Plus I like the buttons on the Alfani as grey over the black ones on the THF.

Comment

Working...
        X