Suit Supply Lazio fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suit Supply Lazio fit

Does anyone else feel like the lapels are just a touch too wide? I'm seriously thinking about ordering this, but the lapels just keep bugging me.
    http://us.suitsupply.com/suits/suit-...l&prefv2=Linen

Any owners want to chime in?

The lapels look good to me. Very narrow lapels are popular at the moment and that may be what you are used to seeing. The lapels on the Lazio are more traditional.

Comment

In two years when lapels swing wider, it's the thin ones that will look strange. The Lazio width will rarely be *out* of fashion, though for a few years it may not look as cutting edge.

Comment

Originally posted by BB View Post
        In two years when lapels swing wider, it's the thin ones that will look strange. The Lazio width will rarely be *out* of fashion, though for a few years it may not look as cutting edge.
        Yeah, I guess I'm just a pretty slim guy, so the last couple years' emphasis on thinner ties, thinner lapels, slimmer fits has been great for me. So this just looks weird.

Comment

There's nothing wrong with these lapels. We've just gotten accustomed to thinner lapels over the years (after all, how long has it been since the Ludlow was released?). I've started to favor slightly wider lapels lately and I'm also considering buying a Lazio for my next suit.

Comment

I tried on a ton of suits in Georgetown and the Lazio lapel is fine. It's the San Diego that is way too wide imo.
            My cocktail videos >

Comment

http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...ng-Navy)/page2

Scroll down for it in Person, it is as wide as my slim peak lapels on the DI suit.

Comment

Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post
                http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...ng-Navy)/page2

Scroll down for it in Person, it is as wide as my slim peak lapels on the DI suit.
                DrBenji, there you go. If the Lazio can make an out-of-shape guy like Shad0w look like a boss*, think about what it can do for us broad-shouldered, fit, and naturally slim guys.**

* Shad0w is one of the forum's fitness buffs.
                ** Disclaimer: I am not broad-shouldered, fit, or naturally slim.

Comment

Lapels should fit the proportion of the man, not the whim of the fashion moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan Liu View Post
                    Lapels should fit the proportion of the man, not the whim of the fashion moment.
                    This.

I'm pretty slim, so I stick to narrow lapels and ties, not because it's fashionable, but because 3.5" ties/lapels would look out of proportion.

Comment

Working...
                    X