Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What organic products do you use for face, body, and hair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What organic products do you use for face, body, and hair?

This thread is for those who are into safe organic products.
    http://www.simplifiedmen.com

Some "natural" products I use:

-Natural Grooming by Herban Cowboy deodorant
    -Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap as shampoo and body wash - I only wash my hair once or twice a week and don't need conditioner since my scalp doesn't over-dry from too much shampoo
    -"Oil cleanse" for my face - apply a mixture of castor oil and EVOO, scrub off with a wash cloth and hot water

I've found that most conventional soaps and cleansers are counter-productive. They dry my skin out, and my skin responds by kicking into high-gear oil production, resulting in a part-dry, part-oily mess. Using milder products or methods on a less-frequent basis lets my skin and scalp achieve a natural balance of its own oils. My hair and skin also look better and healthier now than they did when I was using more conventional products.
    Ben

Comment

+1k on Dr. Bronner's. Awesome stuff! The peppermint one is my fave, but I have been using the citrus wash too this Summer.

Comment

Whenever I use Dr. Bronner's soaps, my bath tub gets really dirty quickly. It is probably the oil in the soaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Stylekid View Post
          This thread is for those who are into safe organic products.
          I'm only in to the unsafe organic products.

Comment

What are they?

Comment

Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post
              I'm only in to the unsafe organic products.
              Me too.

Comment

I use the peppermint Dr. Bronner's for many different things. I can refill my bottle in bulk at the co-op so it ends up being quite cheap. I use it for body wash and face wash (quite diluted). I have used it for shampoo as well. It is quite versatile. I've had a hard time with natural deodorant, so I go the Old Spice route (but no aluminum). I tend to use more natural products around the house, as well.
                "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Originally posted by Stylekid View Post
                  Whenever I use Dr. Bronner's soaps, my bath tub gets really dirty quickly. It is probably the oil in the soaps.
                  Same here. But I love Dr. Bronner's almond soap. I also use products by Nubian Heritage. Black soap. Shea Butter in the winter.

Comment

For me Tom's of Maine deodorant and bar soap, and EveryMan Jack face scrub and lotion. Not necessarily organic per se but they omit the really unnatural chemicals. For shampoo and conditioner it's Aubrey's Organics. I have yet to find an organic shave soap that doesn't suck so i stick to my trusty Proraso.

Comment

Originally posted by jwest View Post
                      For me Tom's of Maine deodorant and bar soap, and EveryMan Jack face scrub and lotion. Not necessarily organic per se but they omit the really unnatural chemicals.
                      Tom's deod burnt the ever-living shite outta my pits. And *then* I read some of the reviews online. LOL, a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle late. - Doh! - I want to say it was a change in their "long-lasting" version, but that could be totally wrong. You ever have any issues with it?

EMJ stuff is awesome! I use their shave cream and face lotion religiously. I really want to get some of their deod sticks. I *used* to use their face wash and face scrub (once in a while), but have switched to just using Neutrogena's acne wash (w/salicylic acid) morning and night instead. I also have some of their shower gels (citrus, cedarwood, and sandalwood), but like I mentioned earlier in this thread, I've switched to Dr. Bronner's for that.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                        Tom's deod burnt the ever-living shite outta my pits. And *then* I read some of the reviews online. LOL, a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle late. - Doh! - I want to say it was a change in their "long-lasting" version, but that could be totally wrong. You ever have any issues with it?

Interesting, no i've had no issues. I use the calendula version which has a very light scent. I can't imagine what burnt you, maybe your allergic to something in it? did you possible have a scrape or something?

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                          Tom's deod burnt the ever-living shite outta my pits.
                          Same here, a lot of skin peeling, redness and irritation.

Comment

Working...
                          X