Tight Sweater Sleeves Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tight Sweater Sleeves Anyone?

I have really been trying to improve my layering abilities lately. I bought the merino sweater vests from J.Crew factory in every color since they looked so good. I pair it with an oxford underneath and I really like the way it looks.

I really want to do this with the merino V-neck sweaters as well. However, the sleeves are always too tight to fit an oxford or collared shirt underneath. I tried going up to an XL, but then the rest of the sweater gets too boxy. Anybody else have this problem? I was thinking about trying to put a short-sleeve button down underneath to see if that worked. As of right now, it seems I am stuck with only being able to wear vests with button-downs.

Did you try a different brand? I like the BR v-neck sweaters. I haven't tried the J. Crew Factory, but I have one J. Crew v-neck that I layer with and it's not a problem.

Comment

For me, sweaters are also challenging to fit and I have the same issue with the BR cashmere/silk blends. I usually wear a 16.5 x 35 shirt 41/42 jacket and I sized down to a medium in the BR v necks so I don't look like a flying squirrel. But even my trim fit dress shirts will bunch on the arms and with the thin BRs you can see any shirt creases right through the sweater.

It's certainly not ideal but I've thought about hand washing one sweater and stretching it out a bit before laying it flat to dry. I need to shrink a large merino v neck from Express anyway so I might experiment with both at the same time.

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

At least this season, the J. Crew V-necks fit me a little better than BRs. Still not room in either one for any longsleeve shirts.

Comment

picked up my first BR vneck yesterday, and I like it.

Comment

Working...
          X