Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khakis/Chinos closest fit to Levis 511

Hi Fellas,
    I've really grown to like the fit of my Levi 511s and the tapered look to them. I would really like to get some khakis I can wear at work that would fit the same. It seems like all the other brands I've tried tend to get a little too wide at the bottom for my liking, including the newish GAP slim fit.

Anyone else out there have experience with Levi 511s that could recommend a similar fitting khaki?

Thanks!

I posted the comment below under joe's nordstrom sale post. The other gents also provided helpful comments along with a thread I started about the alpha khakis. They are currently 29.99+shipping on www.urbanoutfitters.com but any order $50 or more receives free shipping. I am with you as well that I like a more narrow leg opening around 7-7.5.

"I have all three and would state this...
    LEC 608 elston are the dressiest out of the the three and also the softest. Im actually wearing the blue pair right now. The leg opening is a little narrow for pants that you want to dress up. I also dont like how large the hem is but great business casual pants.

LEC 608 cormer also have the large hem and sometimes are a bit "weathered" on the hem as well. They look great at purchase but after a wash they are extremely tough to get the wrinkles out.

Alpha. These are my favorite when it comes to fit and practicality. They are a little tough to dress up at times but serve as a great alternative to jeans. They hold up well after a few washes and come in a variety of colors. I cant remember the exact measurements but the leg opening is a little wider than both LEC 608. In my opinion the only change I would make is putting the stitching/seam on the outseam on the inside of the pants... if that makes sense..

Hope this helps and at 29.99 they are definitely worth a shot..."

Comment

I don't own any 511's but the slimmest khakis I own (or have worn) are Lands' End Canvas 608 chinos (Elston and Comer are the lines I think). After that it would either be the LEC 628's or Banana Republic's slim fit chinos.
      Measurements: 6'2", 173 lbs, 16" neck, 35/36" sleeve, 42" chest, 32" waist, 33.5" inseam

Comment

I'm not sure about the fit comparison but I have some Jcrew Factory vintage broken in chinos and they are tight already on me for a casual pant;can make out the pocket outline.

They come in a Khaki colour, but not sure why you'd want that when there are nicer options, I find Khaki to be a rather ugly colour unless you're trying to dress military style

Comment

J.Crew 484 chinos are tappered and slim with narrow leg opening. From my expreience, they are slimmer than Alphas, or any other above stated chinos.
          Express Photographer Fit (slim, not boot)have similar fit as well.

Comment

Try J. Crew Bowery slim fit. Fabric is good and the cutting is good.

Comment

What is a good quality Chino/khaki with narrow leg opening that's not slim fit? Anyone recommend a good straight/regular fit that tapers slightly at the leg opening?

Comment

What about just going with the 511s khaki twill?

Comment

Originally posted by sierra.alpha View Post
                  J.Crew 484 chinos are tappered and slim with narrow leg opening. From my expreience, they are slimmer than Alphas, or any other above stated chinos.
                  Express Photographer Fit (slim, not boot)have similar fit as well.
                  This. For me they are actually slightly slimmer than 511, it has a narrower leg opening than the 511's. They are my favorite fitting casual pants and I own several pairs of them.

Comment

Excited to try on the JCrew 484 chinos. With my job having a casual dress code, I want a good quality pair of khakis that I can wear at least 2-3 times a week and kinda beat up. Over the weekend I'll be trying on the Dockers Alpha Khakis, LEC 608, JCrew 484, and JCrew Bowery. Thanks all!

Comment

Wow, I never thought a pair of Dockers could fit as well as the Alphas. My personal favorite out of all the afformentioned brands.

FYI Nordstrom just further dropped their prices on these to $29.99. Some colors gone, but was able to snag a few in the khaki colors and the blue bird (perfect for the summer!). Seems like everywhere else they run for $40+

Comment

Originally posted by clp View Post
                        What about just going with the 511s khaki twill?
                        This was my original thought. I even ordered a pair on Levi.com and when the arrived, for some reason the fit was extremely tight in the groin/seat/quad area, unlike the fit I have with their jeans. Not sure if it was just the pair I ordered, or if all of the twills fit that way.

Also I kinda wanted something withougt stitching on the back pockets; a more conservative look.

Comment

i just wore a pair of the 511 chino's i bought a few months back but never got around to wearing. they feel nice to the touch, much better than alphas, but i also find the waist not fitting tts. it felt at least an inch smaller than a same sized 511 jean. it has an inner button and a snap button front, and i have to leave the inner button unbutton just to put these pants on.

Comment

Working...
                          X