Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeans Substitute

Hey guys,

I used to buy Gap Authentic jeans because of the fit and their available dark washes, but they've discontinued that line it seems. Does anyone know which jeans are similar and around the same price point that I could purchase instead?

Thanks!

I think I have the same ones, and they're my favorite too. Great quality, and got them for a ridiculous $10. J. Crew is similar, but overpriced.

Comment

Jeans are not worth $80-$100. The problem is, if you want superior quality and fit? Where are you going to go? Maybe Banana Republic, if they have an in-store sale and they actually have your size. Though I haven't actually work any of theirs.

Comment

Xios has some great fitting jeans for just 20 bucks.

Comment

Lands End Canvas has new Made in America jeans that Joe reviewed. With all the sales they run I bet you can get a pair for under $60. My personal favorites are the Bonobos that I bought for $85. I bought the Flat Iron rinse and love them. Well worth what I paid considering how much I wear them.

Comment

I would check out Uniqlo jeans once their website goes online. I used to buy Gap, AE, and Levi's until my Uniqlos. Quality is excellent for the price.

Comment

Seconding Bonobos. I think they're around $150 but if you can get a deal (and you usually can with Bonobos) they'll be significantly less. Like bremersm I bought the flat iron rinse. Mine are the slim fit and it's a great slim-but-not-too-slim look. If these die on me I hope Bonobos is still making them, because they're my favorite jeans ever. Also made in America.

Comment

I second the Bonobos Jeans. Like MagM I have a pair of the Flat Iron rinse and they look good with a henley or a blazer and an OCBD. If you are feeling bold, perhaps you might want to check out the Bonobos travel jeans. Lots of colors, some are on sale for $58 and $68. I have a couple of pairs and they are a lighter denim with a little stretch. Very comfortable.

Comment

@CJJ I have to second the Bonobos travelers. I picked up the olive pair (size down one in the waist as they do stretch) and I love them. Think I'll be picking up another color or two shortly. My only concern is durability they seem pretty light.

Comment

@sgates0, the Travel Jean reviews mentioned that you should size down, I did and had to return them. I can see how the waits stretches but they were just too tight in the leg/rear for my taste. I got my regular size and they fit was what I wanted but I can feel how after some wear I might need to have the waist brought in. The nice part is that Bonobos has a great return policy.

Comment

I'm going to have to hit up the LEC jeans at some point. I like Levis because I bike and slimmer jeans tend to really crowd around my upper thighs.

Have you tried the jeans bar at JCP? They got Levis for a decent price. Are you sure you want to drop $50+ on jeans? They kind of lend themselves to rougher treatment, getting more affordable denim might be better if you have to replace them.

Comment

Working...
                      X