Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's that smell? - all things fragrant (colognes, parfums, aftershaves, etc.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MaxMan
    replied
    Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
    Yep - VMEF would be great for Sp/Su, IMO.

As far as Fa/Wi, any particular scents you already like that I could get a better feel for what you're looking for, [MENTION=1998]MaxMan[/MENTION]?

I have used several different fragrances for different seasons, so I certainly have some that *I* recommend, but I'd like to hear some of your input/tastes/etc first, if possible.
    [MENTION=4615]yoyorobbo[/MENTION]. My only experience is with Calvin kleins encounter. I thought it was pretty good. It's had a nice woody smell after a whole.

Leave a comment:

• yoyorobbo
    replied
    Originally posted by MaxMan View Post
    [MENTION=4615]yoyorobbo[/MENTION]
    So it's a good spring summer scent. What would you rec for fall winter? I like woody smells around those seasons.
    Yep - VMEF would be great for Sp/Su, IMO.

As far as Fa/Wi, any particular scents you already like that I could get a better feel for what you're looking for, [MENTION=1998]MaxMan[/MENTION]?

I have used several different fragrances for different seasons, so I certainly have some that *I* recommend, but I'd like to hear some of your input/tastes/etc first, if possible.

Leave a comment:

• MaxMan
    replied
    Yeah, it's pretty nice, IMO. I don't own it, nor have I ever - but I've thought a few times about picking up a bottle. It's VERY citrusy (lemony, specifically) up front - but in a really fresh, nice and then sweet way (awwwww...). Seriosuly it's pretty popular for a reason.

One thing that's odd, if you've ever smelled the women's version of D&G Light Blue, they are near-identical. Unisex, I guess. Maybe the drydown differs to make them unique. Dunno. They are both very clean, sweet citrusy scents. Nice.
    [MENTION=4615]yoyorobbo[/MENTION]
    So it's a good spring summer scent. What would you rec for fall winter? I like woody smells around those seasons.

Leave a comment:

• yoyorobbo
    replied
    Originally posted by frankjcampbell View Post
    The wife is a big fan of old school Polo Safari so I wear that along with Burberry Brit and Lacoste Red.
    Lacoste *Style In Play* (red)? Or the newer red/white/green/blue polo shirt-styled bottles?

Leave a comment:

• frankjcampbell
    replied
    The wife is a big fan of old school Polo Safari so I wear that along with Burberry Brit and Lacoste Red.

Leave a comment:

• yoyorobbo
    replied
    Originally posted by MaxMan View Post
    I haven't Eau Fraiche. You rec?
    Yeah, it's pretty nice, IMO. I don't own it, nor have I ever - but I've thought a few times about picking up a bottle. It's VERY citrusy (lemony, specifically) up front - but in a really fresh, nice and then sweet way (awwwww...). Seriosuly it's pretty popular for a reason.

One thing that's odd, if you've ever smelled the women's version of D&G Light Blue, they are near-identical. Unisex, I guess. Maybe the drydown differs to make them unique. Dunno. They are both very clean, sweet citrusy scents. Nice.

Leave a comment:

• yoyorobbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Brent k View Post
    I was thinking about trying a new spring summer scent. Something a little more clean and grassy. Fresh cut lawn type scent. Any ideas?
    First one that comes to mind is 212 Men (Carolina Herrera). It's always called-out as freshly-cut grass. I get it... I think. It's a citrusy-green scent that really is pretty nice. Never nice enough to my nose to own it, but to each his own. Might wanna give it a whiff.

Lacoste Essential (the regular non-sport *green* one) might work for you too. I think they call it a tomato leaf note, so maybe not "grass" per se, but it's pretty green all around, IMO.

Others that might work for you in this fresh/green regard are some of the veitivers on the market. A biggie (both in legend and price) would be Creed's Original Vetiver. It has a near-clone in the much cheaper Mugler Cologne. They are both very nice, but to me they can get a little bit too soapy. Again, try them first for sure before buying.

Another pricy option that many claim has a grass/green opening is Bond No.9 High Line. I have not tried that one at all, so no personal XP there.

If all else fails, there's this:

Leave a comment:

• Brent k
    replied
    Looks like ubatuba granite to me!

I was thinking about trying a new spring summer scent. Something a little more clean and grassy. Fresh cut lawn type scent. Any ideas?

Currently wear D&G light blue, Eros and burberry Brit summer and burberry summer (not a huge fan)

Leave a comment:

• TravelingJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Alex View Post
    I actually picked up the Crystal Rock stuff mentioned by [MENTION=4615]yoyorobbo[/MENTION] and I've really been liking that as an unscented option. Works much better than the Tom's or EverymanJack I've tried, and covers BO unless I'm doing yard work or something similar.

Typically only use a scented beard oil (got a three-pack sample from these guys - http://www.etsy.com/shop/BeardOil?re...-header-avatar), but occasionally use Inis Cologne as my wife likes it.
    I also picked up the Crystal Rock thing after reading about it on here. It works great for me. I'm still trying to figure out which anti-perspirant that I prefer to use with it. I always buys toiletries in bulk (a big one for the house, smaller one for the RV, and a tiny one for the suitcase) so I'm still using up my older deodorant/antiperspirant combo sticks.

I still need to up my cologne game. So far I'm just trying a few samples from my Birchbox thing, and waiting for someone to sell some on here, heh.

Leave a comment:

• Alex
    replied
    I actually picked up the Crystal Rock stuff mentioned by [MENTION=4615]yoyorobbo[/MENTION] and I've really been liking that as an unscented option. Works much better than the Tom's or EverymanJack I've tried, and covers BO unless I'm doing yard work or something similar.

Typically only use a scented beard oil (got a three-pack sample from these guys - http://www.etsy.com/shop/BeardOil?re...-header-avatar), but occasionally use Inis Cologne as my wife likes it.

Leave a comment:

• MaxMan
    replied
    [MENTION=1998]MaxMan[/MENTION] - we have the same counter tops. Also I love the versace eros. Great summer scent.
    No way re counter-tops. Scent is one of the two areas I need to broaden my horizon on, the other being watches. Currently for scents I have the Versace and a curve that my wife goes gaga for when I wear so it stays in rotation.

Leave a comment:

• MaxMan
    replied
    Yeah, VPH (ahhh, Medusa) is a nice clean scent. Good choice [MENTION=1998]MaxMan[/MENTION].

Have you guys tried their Eau Fraiche?

BTW, personally my SotD is once again GIT. Been reaching it for it since Spring has finally *sprung* around these parts. That is until tonight, when we are expected to get 1-3 inches of .... SNOW!

Keep your snow [MENTION=4615]yoyorobbo[/MENTION] lol. I haven't Eau Fraiche. You rec?

Leave a comment:

• yoyorobbo
    replied
    [MENTION=1998]MaxMan[/MENTION] - we have the same counter tops. Also I love the versace eros. Great summer scent.
    Yeah, VPH (ahhh, Medusa) is a nice clean scent. Good choice [MENTION=1998]MaxMan[/MENTION].

Have you guys tried their Eau Fraiche?

BTW, personally my SotD is once again GIT. Been reaching for it often since Spring has finally *sprung* around these parts. That is until tonight, when we are expected to get 1-3 inches of .... SNOW!
    Last edited by yoyorobbo; April 14, 2014, 04:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Brent k
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MaxMan
    replied

One of my favorites. Versace Pour Homme. Gift from the wife years ago.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X