Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's that smell? - all things fragrant (colognes, parfums, aftershaves, etc.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did the sampler of the 13 best...finally shipped after about a week :|

Comment

Creed GIT today

Comment

I have to admit that I own a few mens fragrances, and I put them on from time to time. My wife likes it when I do it, and i switch it up from time to time. That said, I would say that majority of the ones I own are department store variety, and they have been bought either at Macy's or Sephore in last 5-6 years.
        Prada Pour Homme
        Victor & Rolph Antidote
        Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey
        Calvin Klein Escape
        Diesel Fuel
        Gucci Envy
        Armani Code
        Armani Mania
        Giorgio Armani Aqua di Gio

..and there are I think 3 or 4 in the back of my cabinet that I cannot remember right now, probably because I dont use them as much.
        Last edited by sierra.alpha; June 11, 2013, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sierra.alpha View Post
          ... Calvin Klein Escape ... Gucci Envy ...
          *Escape* was one of my solids back in the early '90s. Maybe a touch *sweet*, but man, I really liked it back then. I see it from time to time - very cheap - in Marshalls and TJMaxx. I should grab some for nostalgia purposes.

*Envy* (another of the great Maurice Roucel's creations) is a pretty sought-after frag these days - discontinued. I have never tried it, but many, many fragheads LOVE it. Enjoy that one, but make it laaaaaassssssssssssssssstttt...

(Still needing to reply to a bunch of you guys here - sorry - I just saw this one and had to do a quick reply. Off to help coach my kiddos' little league team in a few. Should I post a WIWT of that getup? LOL)

Comment

Just to add in, was out last night and my A&F was a hit with one lady, and she also like the Le Male as well and said it was even better.

Many compliments on the Le Male so far for anyone wanting a cheap intro into the smell world

Comment

Eau Sauvage today. I'm guessing this decant is the post-2012 reformulated version.

Comment

Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post
                Just to add in, was out last night and my A&F was a hit with one lady, and she also like the Le Male as well and said it was even better.
                Did you wear them both? One on each side of the neck? Playaaaa...!

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                  Eau Sauvage today. I'm guessing this decant is the post-2012 reformulated version.
                  A little too oldschool and powerhouse-strong for my tastes, IIRC - at least when I've sampled it - never owned a bottle to get much experience/wear from it. How did *you* like it, Fred?

Comment

I actually like it. Definitely old-school but nice with citrus and wood(?). Unfortunately it's virtually gone after a couple of hours. Doesn't really stick around at all. Probably the shortest lasting of any of them I've tried so far.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                      Did you wear them both? One on each side of the neck? Playaaaa...!
                      Uh..one out and the other the next morning

Comment

Originally posted by shad0w4life View Post
                        Uh..one out and the other the next morning
                        Smoooooooooooooooooove...

Comment

Knize Ten today. What a strange scent. Starts out like gasoline or the way my hand smells after an oil change, then after 30-45 mins gets more like leather with some sweet (vanilla?) and spicy (cinnamon?) notes. Surprisingly after a couple of hours some floral notes come out too as well as something I can't quite place. Not necessarily one of my faves, but definitely worth a try just it's seems so unique (in my limited experience).

Comment

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
                            Knize Ten today
                            12 hrs later there's still a real faint spice thing going on. This stuff changes dramatically as you wear it.

Comment

Anyone familiar with histoires de parfums 1828?

http://www.basenotes.net/products/1828

Comment

My Fiance got me Truefitt and Hill Trafalgar for my birthday. I've never had the cologne before but I have had the shaving cream and loved it. Still love it and it is my special occasions scent now.

Currently I'm burning through a bottle of Davidoff Hot Water, I don't mind it but it's nothing special, at least it lasts unlike the 30 second wonder Davidoff Adventure. It's winter here and it works pretty well.

Cool Water lasts pretty well on me and I like it, it's the only Davidoff I would buy again. Another unoriginal is Aqua Di Gio.

Comment

Working...
                                X