Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's that smell? - all things fragrant (colognes, parfums, aftershaves, etc.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
    PSA: 20% off at Parfum1.com with code MARCHNOW2PW. Code ends tomorrow.
    Thanks. Ended up picking up a bottle of Terre d'Hermès.

Comment

Originally posted by pratyk View Post
      Thanks. Ended up picking up a bottle of Terre d'Hermès.
      Great juice! That was my standard go-to scent for a long time. Wearing ELDO's Je Suis un Homme today.

Comment

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/E...omo-17125.html
        this is my daily staple

Comment

Originally posted by Feryll View Post
          I am trying to match my deo, AS and perfume so they don't clash. I try to wear spicy fragments.
          I tried this for a while too - with cologne/deod/shower-gel - but it really can get crazy after a while, especially if you wear different stuff different days.

I switched shower-gels to Dr. Bronner's (mint), and I whittled down to a somewhat safe-smelling deod - currently a "fresh" offering from A&H. See I wear deodorant, not antiperspirant - so going the *safest* route of unscented AP isn't an option, I don't like the crystal/rock deal, and Tom's "unscented" deod burned the ever-lovin' crap outta my pits.

I'm looking to try a few of the supposedly better-for-ya deods like maybe Herban Cowboy - although a couple of them I've smelled in the Whole Foods store didn't jive well with my nose. I've also been wanting to order some from Every Man Jack. I like some of their grooming products (shave cream, face lotion, etc), but I can never find the deod sticks in local stores.

What specific colognes are you using? If they have really dominant notes, I might be able to help steer you to a similar-smelling deod, if you still wish to go that route, that is.

Comment

[MENTION=4615]yoyorobbo[/MENTION]

YMMV, but my wife bought be the EveryManJack deo and I think it sucks. I'll grant that most natural options will not have any antiperspirants and I don't care about that as I don't sweat a lot, but when I have to reapply deo after 6 hours or else smell like bilge water then the product can't be that good.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex View Post
              [MENTION=4615]yoyorobbo[/MENTION]

YMMV, but my wife bought be the EveryManJack deo and I think it sucks. I'll grant that most natural options will not have any antiperspirants and I don't care about that as I don't sweat a lot, but when I have to reapply deo after 6 hours or else smell like bilge water then the product can't be that good.
              Ahhh, good to hear a personal take. Thanks! I may still try some, as you said MMMV, plus I don't seem to need to reapply any deods I use, so maybe I'll get lucky and follow suit with that one too. Dunno, but again, thanks for the feedback.

Oh yeah, which one did you try? They have a few, right?

Comment

In the past couple weeks I've picked up RL Romance Silver (which is incredible, by the way) and ordered DHI online... which USPS still hasn't gotten to me

Comment

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                  Ahhh, good to hear a personal take. Thanks! I may still try some, as you said MMMV, plus I don't seem to need to reapply any deods I use, so maybe I'll get lucky and follow suit with that one too. Dunno, but again, thanks for the feedback.

Oh yeah, which one did you try? They have a few, right?
                  Maybe I have super 'stanky' sweat.
                  I have the Cedarwood.

FWIW I do really like their bodywash.

Comment

Been wearing Versace Eros waiting for spring to get here. Wore spicebomb and burberry Brit for the winter months with some Armani code worked in.

Comment

SotD:

C'mon, that's too easy!

Comment

SotD:

C'mon, that's too easy!
                        LOL! I went for that one today too.

Comment

One of my favorites. Versace Pour Homme. Gift from the wife years ago.
                          "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                          I>0<I

Comment

[MENTION=1998]MaxMan[/MENTION] - we have the same counter tops. Also I love the versace eros. Great summer scent.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent k View Post
                              [MENTION=1998]MaxMan[/MENTION] - we have the same counter tops. Also I love the versace eros. Great summer scent.
                              Yeah, VPH (ahhh, Medusa) is a nice clean scent. Good choice [MENTION=1998]MaxMan[/MENTION].

Have you guys tried their Eau Fraiche?

BTW, personally my SotD is once again GIT. Been reaching for it often since Spring has finally *sprung* around these parts. That is until tonight, when we are expected to get 1-3 inches of .... SNOW!
                              Last edited by yoyorobbo; April 14, 2014, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Yeah, VPH (ahhh, Medusa) is a nice clean scent. Good choice [MENTION=1998]MaxMan[/MENTION].

Have you guys tried their Eau Fraiche?

BTW, personally my SotD is once again GIT. Been reaching it for it since Spring has finally *sprung* around these parts. That is until tonight, when we are expected to get 1-3 inches of .... SNOW!

Keep your snow [MENTION=4615]yoyorobbo[/MENTION] lol. I haven't Eau Fraiche. You rec?
                                "The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                                I>0<I

Comment

Working...
                                X