'Best' no-show socks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dina Street View Post
    I buy socks for yachting crews, and the biggest complaint about no-show socks is slippage. The best brand (and value) so far has been Stomper Joe. They have an extra large silicon grip, and they are really well priced.
    Very strange post for someone to randomly find and create an account just to comment on. Hmmm

Comment

I've used Stomper Joes if it helps add any credibility. Out of all of the no shows I've tried they definitely are the best in terms of no slippage. Durability on the other hand could be better. Mine had pretty bad stitching, started to come apart after a few wears.

Comment

Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
        I've used Stomper Joes if it helps add any credibility. Out of all of the no shows I've tried they definitely are the best in terms of no slippage. Durability on the other hand could be better. Mine had pretty bad stitching, started to come apart after a few wears.
        Durability is probably more important than slippage, unless you're a millionaire and only wear a pair of socks once. So either way, spam or poor quality, I'll stay away from that brand.

My Smartwools, albeit expensive, have been holding up just fine.

Comment

+1 Smartwool. You get what you pay for.

Comment

Weighing in late, but wanted to say NOT the journeys ones. They constantly slip off of my heel (and I splurged for the ones with the elastic in them).

Comment

Originally posted by zerostyle View Post
              Weighing in late, but wanted to say NOT the journeys ones. They constantly slip off of my heel (and I splurged for the ones with the elastic in them).
              Agreed. I have some and they're terrible. The Sheec socks from the original post on this thread are a pair that I have quite a few of. They're super lightweight and very durable. Use them a lot and I have a couple pairs that have lasted over 3 years.

Here's a link to them.

Comment

Originally posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
                Very strange post for someone to randomly find and create an account just to comment on. Hmmm
                [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

Nordstrom house brand are my favorite. J Crew's are the worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dangerpenguin View Post

Lol I was referring to that person finding a thread that's a few years old, without any new comments in over a year, and then creating a brand new account just to leave one comment to recommend a brand and never reply again. (What I'm saying is that's a spam account)

Comment

'Best' no-show socks?

Originally posted by CJMichaelRay View Post
                    Lol I was referring to that person finding a thread that's a few years old, without any new comments in over a year, and then creating a brand new account just to leave one comment to recommend a brand and never reply again. (What I'm saying is that's a spam account)
                    Haha. Don't worry, you were clear -- [emoji848] is the emoji representation of "hmm" according to the guys @ Barstool

Edit: Didn't even notice the date. Terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by dangerpenguin View Post

I don't even know why the Jcrew ones exist. There's no stick backs on them, so they just bunch up at the toes.

I also don't know why Darn Tough refers to their low cut socks as no shoe. They clearly show even with sneakers on, let alone loafers.

I will have to try the Nordstrom house brand ones. I also want to try the Taft and Uniqlo no shows.

Comment

Not a fan of the Nordstrom house brand. I picked up a 3-pack at Nordstrom Rack. They slip off my heel shortly after I put my shoes on. They do have stripes of silicon on the back. It might be that my heels are oddly shaped. I'm new to no-shows. My mom has been wearing them for a very long time, and she says they are a huge pain. Some women's socks have a little ball in the back that fits over the top of the back of the shoe to prevent slippage. Maybe someone can come out with a more masculine version? Maybe something made of metal? I don't know. Maybe I'll come back to this thread next summer and try another brand from one of the many that was suggested here.

Comment

Originally posted by devastitis View Post
                          I also don't know why Darn Tough refers to their low cut socks as no shoe. They clearly show even with sneakers on, let alone loafers.
                          Yeah, I have a pair of those. They shouldn't be called "no show," but it is pretty obvious from the picture that they won't work with loafers. I usually only wear them when I go running outside.

Comment

I got these Nordstrom brand socks and should have known better. I don't think socks advertised to fit sizes 7.5-12.5 will do a good job of fitting all those sizes. I'm pretty much in the middle (9) and while they do stay put, they feel a little loose. I've had better luck with the Uniqlo brand that I have as they are snugger (or the elastic has held up better).

Comment

I was reading an article on no show socks and said F it and ordered the pair recommended. (http://onpointfresh.com/best-no-show-socks-revealed/)

Consensus: Vans makes some high quality af socks
                              The most successful men’s fashion is conservative with just a hint of rebellion. - Rick Owens

Comment

Working...
                              X