No announcement yet.

'Best' no-show socks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have these as well...I hate them. I think I'm going to try the Journey's $10 for 5 route.

Comment

Just picked up two pairs of Vince Camuto no-shows at Marshall's for four dollars. They've got non-slip heels, and are much nicer than the thin nylon pairs sold by Clark's.

Comment

I hate the Journeys for this reason. I wear a size 10/10.5, and these socks start slipping off almost immediately. They are pretty much unuseable in my case. Wish I hadn't ordered a bunch of them.
        Originally posted by Chareth View Post
        I have the ones from Journeys as well. They slip off all the time but YMMV. I imagine all these different brands probably suffer from the same issue; they'll either show or they'll slip.

Comment

The Journeys' ones shrunk down so bad after a wash that I pretty much gave them to my wife and my 9 y.o. son to wear. However they were very nice prior to that, when they actually fit me.

The best that I have, which have still retained their original size (for the most part) are the Converse "For Chucks" ones, or whatever they're called. Snagged several pair on clearance at TJMaxx/Marshalls a year or so ago. The ones I have are a tad too colorful, if you have to remove your shoes for any reason, but they are pretty much no-show otherwise.

I really only have worn them in Chucks, Purcells, and some Sperry tennis-shoe/loafer hybrids, IIRC. I typically just go sockless (Gold Bond powder is your friend) the majority of time in these situations; especially in dressier loafers, suede bucks, driving loafers or in boat-shoes.

Comment

Fantastic! New to all of this and these forums. Just read about no-show socks in another thread and asked where to get them. Then I find this one, thanks muchly. Just purchased a pair of the moccsocks.

Comment

I LOVE these... http://store.americanapparel.net/pro...ductId=skpack2

i think i may go pick up the neon colored ones today

Comment

Originally posted by newrags View Post
                I ordered the Sperry boat socks and they are fantastic. And Sperry has free shipping.
                I got 3 pair of Sperrys socks at DSW and so far they have been holding up very good, non slip heal and material make it better choice over the Journeys brand that I got couple of months ago.

Comment

I've bought Ninja Sox, the Journeys, UO, but the ones that I keep going back to are the ones I got at Nordstrom. http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/pact-no-...=keywordsearch

Comment

bought those minimalist bamboo no show socks. Don't slip, keep feet cool and best of all you don't feel the socks.

Comment

No complaints from me regarding the ones from BR.

Comment

I've gone through a few types, but recently my favorites have been the sperry no-show socks. They're thin and have the grippy back to stop them from sliding off if your feet get a bit sweaty. I get them from DSW, and, with their frequent coupons, they cost me a couple bucks per pack.

Comment

I feel the BR's still show some on the rare moments i wear them with my double monks. However with my jack purcells and vans they're great

Comment

Originally posted by krad54 View Post
                            I've gone through a few types, but recently my favorites have been the sperry no-show socks. They're thin and have the grippy back to stop them from sliding off if your feet get a bit sweaty. I get them from DSW, and, with their frequent coupons, they cost me a couple bucks per pack.
                            I've been using and liking the Sperry ones as well.

Comment

I have no complaints about the Vans version, but I don't generally wear loafers or boat shoes.

They're invisible with bucks, oxfords, and, of course, Vans slip-ons, sambas, etc.
                              Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
                              Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
                              --Jason Isbell

Comment

I buy socks for yachting crews, and the biggest complaint about no-show socks is slippage. The best brand (and value) so far has been Stomper Joe. They have an extra large silicon grip, and they are really well priced.

Comment

Working...
                                X