Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have these:
    http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/pact-no-...esultback=2004

They have grippy nubs in the heel that keep them from slipping. I can't see them when I have my Sperry's on. They also come I several designs which is kind of pointless as you can't see them when your shoes are on and they still look dorky when you don't have shoes on.
    Last edited by cm; May 22, 2013, 11:15 PM.

Comment

I have the BR ones and have had good luck with them. As Vicious mentioned, they aren't as low cut as some of them. They do hold up well for a long time, however. I've had mine for a couple summers now. I also just got some during the last sale at JC Penney made by Eddie Bauer. They were cheap (compared to the BR ones) and are pretty nice. They are cut nice and low so they are completely no-show. I can't speak to their durability, however.
      "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

I've got the BR ones too and they are good (at 40% off). I also have some English Laundry tan colored ones from Nordstrom Rack that are even more no show and have worked fine.

Comment

Genius Sockbeds // Fresh Freedom!

Originally posted by mdwsta4 View Post
          I don't recall seeing a thread about no-show socks, or rather, about the best no show socks so I thought I'd start one.

What are your favorite no-show socks? I've used the generic ones from Journeys for a few years, but they're not very comfortable, slip quite a bit, and aren't always no-show depending on the pair of shoes. I did buy 2 pair from Uniqlo when I was in SF the other month and I love them. I'd say they're my favorite no-show socks because they're thin, comfortable, stay in place (silicon on heel), and truly are no-show. Unfortunately, they're no longer on Uniqlo's website, nor do I have any future trips to SF planned to pick up more.

I have found these:
          http://www.amazon.com/SHEEC-SoleHugg...rds=sock+liner

wish there were better pictures of these
          http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/calvin-k...a-001b2166becc

the elastic on these remind me of the Journey's socks which I'm trying to get away from
          http://www.ninjasox.com/collections/...hite-ninja-sox

these appear most like the Uniqlo socks, but I do wish they offered white. And price-point wise, these are the most expensive by far
          http://falkesocksusa.com/shop/mens-step-invisible-sand/

not sure if women's 'one size fits most' would fit my 10.5 foot
          http://www.kohls.com/upgrade/webstor...crosssell=true

What's your experience? What are your favorite no-show socks?

Try these things out! They're washable shoe inserts that you can wear all week!

geniussockbeds.com

Comment

Does anyone have any experience with a good pair of these for smaller feet? I'm typically a 7.5-8, so I often have issues with one-size-fits-all socks. I'd particularly like to know how the Journeys fit.

Comment

Maverick - I have the exact same shoe size as you, and I bought the Converse Cut-for-Chucks in the larger of two youth sizes offered on Zappos. They fit perfectly. Can't tell you about the fit of any of these other brands since I haven't owned any.
              Ben

Comment

sperry

I ordered the Sperry boat socks and they are fantastic. And Sperry has free shipping.

Comment

Unfortunately no longer available on Amazon, but I've had good luck with these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The silicon helps them stay quite well, and they are quite soft. Overall I've been happy with the purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Sartorialist View Post
                    JCF also has some. With the current 40% off they come out to $2.25 a pair. Can't speak to quality, but probably worth tacking onto your next order from there at that price. http://factory.jcrew.com/mens-clothi...lor_name=white
                    I have these in both black and white. They haven't slipped on me at all and they are fairly thin without being panty-hose like or see through. I have only had them for about a month, but I'd say that each pair has been worn/washed 5 times already and show no signs of wear.
                    Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

I have the ones from Journeys as well. They slip off all the time but YMMV. I imagine all these different brands probably suffer from the same issue; they'll either show or they'll slip.

Comment

I own three pairs, Ninja Sox, Falke, and Marcoliani. I'll try to remember to post a comparison in the coming months after I've used them for my sneakers, loafers, etc. Based on shape and feel the Falke have me the most excited. I just wore the Marcoliano with some Samba's today with zero issues. I already know that the Marcoliani and Ninja sox are simply not hidden enough for my loafers, while the Falke are. But they are the thicker and most comfortable feeling of the three. Time will tell.

Edit: I should mention that I wear a size 8.5 to 9US so no show socks are a ROYAL PAIN IN THE A$$ because they usually size them as one size fits all between 8 and 12. Which means they are completely terrible. For anyone who is reading internet reviews, make sure you take into account the size of your foot relative to the reviewer.
                        Last edited by atoms; May 30, 2013, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Does anyone have experience on which ones provide good comfort? Perhaps ones that are a little bit thicker? The bottom of my feet don't do well with thin socks and dress shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by risingstars View Post
                            Does anyone have experience on which ones provide good comfort? Perhaps ones that are a little bit thicker? The bottom of my feet don't do well with thin socks and dress shoes.
                            Of the three I mentioned, the Ninja socks are without a doubt the thickest.

Comment

Originally posted by atoms View Post
                              I own three pairs, Ninja Sox, Falke, and Marcoliani. I'll try to remember to post a comparison in the coming months after I've used them for my sneakers, loafers, etc. Based on shape and feel the Falke have me the most excited. I just wore the Marcoliano with some Samba's today with zero issues. I already know that the Marcoliani and Ninja sox are simply not hidden enough for my loafers, while the Falke are. But they are the thicker and most comfortable feeling of the three. Time will tell.

Edit: I should mention that I wear a size 8.5 to 9US so no show socks are a ROYAL PAIN IN THE A$$ because they usually size them as one size fits all between 8 and 12. Which means they are completely terrible. For anyone who is reading internet reviews, make sure you take into account the size of your foot relative to the reviewer.
                              Replying to my own quote.

Marcoliani ~$15
                              Construction: Thin, well built. Has elastic mid-region to keep the sock tight around the foot (between toe and heel).
                              Comfort: Good comfort, but slightly loose fitting for my foot.
                              Visibility: Completely hidden with Samba's. Slightly visible with AE loafers at vamp corners and heel.
                              Pros: Nothing to make it stand out.
                              Cons: Only one size offered. Wish the heel was slightly shorter. Price

Ninja Sox ~$6
                              Construction: Thick, well built.
                              Comfort: Uncomfortable. The heel slip grip and sock border seam at the top of the heel is too thick. It causes me a burning sensation at the end of the day. When I took my shoe off I could see that it was because the seam and grip made uncomfortable impressions in my skin.
                              Visibility: Slightly visible at heel section wearing Samba's. Material too thick to wear with my tight fitting loafers.
                              Pros: Cheapest option. Multiple sizes offered.
                              Cons: Thickness of seam above heel and rubber grip cause discomfort after a few hours. Heel is taller than the others.

Note: I also tried a size small Ninja Sox but it was far too small for my size 9US foot.

Falke ~$14
                              Construction: Thin, well built.
                              Comfort: Good comfort. Good fit.
                              Visibility: Completely hidden with Samba's and loafers.
                              Pros: Multiple sizes offered. "Nude" is a good color for some skin tones. Smallest profile all around of the bunch. Best fitting.
                              Cons: Price, and possibly availability.

Overall:
                              Falke and Marcoliani are essentially the same quality and comfort. If you have a smaller foot and wish to wear with loafers, you may want to go Falke. Otherwise Marcoliani is a fine choice. Ninja Sox are genuinely a different category of sock than the other two. Not because it isn't a good sock, but because its thickness implies casual shoes or sneakers. Hard to beat at $6.

Side by side comparison images:
                              Last edited by atoms; June 8, 2013, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Excellent review. Thank you. I'd urge you to try the Eddie Bauer ones that JCP sells. Cheap, very low cut, and quite nice.

http://www.jcpenney.com/dotcom/eddie...tDimVal=liners

During their last sale I got a 3 pack for $6.
                                "You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Working...
                                X