Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vicious49
    replied
    Yeah, it was tough to get rid of the JLC and if I was richer I would have hung on to it. But it was the smarter financial decision.

Here’s a pic of the rest of my current watches at the moment.
    Farer Lander
    Halios Seaforth
    Timex Q Reissue
    Casio GShock GW-5000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• lax101
    replied
    Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
    I loved the watch. Possibly one of the most perfectly proportioned watches I've ever come across. It was gorgeous. But I wasn't wearing it. It's sort of like owning a Ferrari but putting 50 miles a year on it. My lifestyle at the moment doesn't require a dress watch. That may be different 10 years from now and then I'll regret selling it. But at the moment it's a lot of money tied up in something just to keep it on my dresser.
    Damn. You made the right choice, and it's a tough one to do. I have quite a few pieces that I should have sold a long time ago for the same reason. Hope you didn't take too much of a hit (in terms of recouping your investment) on reselling it.

Separately, I have also been eyeing a heavy hitting dress watch to go into my rotation (probably a JLC), and although I have a white collar job where I do need to dress up from time to time, I still struggle with the idea of spending a ton of cash on a watch that would be too dressy for me 80-90% of the time (as my current rotation of sports watches cover me from casual up through semi-formal). So I see your point.

Leave a comment:

• Vicious49
    replied
    Originally posted by DocDave View Post
    Great looking collection. The IWC is gorgeous. What band is the watch on? Is that the stock band or did you swap it out for something else?
    It's on a navy blue shell cordovan strap. This one to be exact - https://www.watchobsession.co.uk/col...p-in-dark-blue

The only thing I would change is I would have held on to that JLC Deep Sea Chronograph. I'll probably pick that back up at some point to replace the Speedy. The Speedy is a nice watch but it's a bit too generic for me,

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    It’s been a while so thought I’d post an update.

These are my main 4 at the moment. I have a few others that are more ‘affordable’ but those are always changing. I’ll see if I can get a pic with them posted a bit later as well.

Great looking collection. The IWC is gorgeous. What band is the watch on? Is that the stock band or did you swap it out for something else?

Leave a comment:

• Vicious49
    replied
    Originally posted by lax101 View Post
    What happened to the JLC MUT perpetual!?
    I loved the watch. Possibly one of the most perfectly proportioned watches I've ever come across. It was gorgeous. But I wasn't wearing it. It's sort of like owning a Ferrari but putting 50 miles a year on it. My lifestyle at the moment doesn't require a dress watch. That may be different 10 years from now and then I'll regret selling it. But at the moment it's a lot of money tied up in something just to keep it on my dresser.

Leave a comment:

• lax101
    replied

These are my main 4 at the moment. I have a few others that are more ‘affordable’ but those are always changing. I’ll see if I can get a pic with them posted a bit later as well.

What happened to the JLC MUT perpetual!?

Leave a comment:

• Vicious49
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jmeyers
    replied

Top L to R:
    Seiko Samauri Save the Ocean
    Seiko SKX007
    Hamilton khaki Navy Sub
    Christopher Ward C7 Rapide

Bottom L to R:
    Hamilton Khaki 42mm
    Orient Bambino
    Orient Mako
    Timex Scout

Leave a comment:

• tayloreuph
    replied

L-R
    Bulova A-11 WWII ORD issue. Bulova 666 pre Snorkel (black). Bulova Oceanographer “V”. Bulova Chronograph. Bulova Ambassador micro rotor.
    Bulova A-17. Bulova 666 pre Snorkel (silver). Bulova Devil Diver LE. Bulova dress Roman dial. Bulova dress SS quartz. In the middle is a Bulova Chronograoh MonoPusher
    Bulova A-15 reissue. Bulova 21 Jewel square. Bulova 23 Jewel “G”. Bulova Surf King. Miller 39 Jewel.
    Bulova Millennia MotionQuartz. Bulova 21 Jewel SS round. Bulova 666 DayDate. Accutron 218. Bulova Oceanographer 333. In the middle Bulova Super Seville Date.
    Bulova Chronograph. Bulova Brigadier (great grandfathers watch). Accutron Spaceview “T”.
    Bulova 4 hander. Accutron 218-0 RR Approved.

That’s the current rotation. Many still in need of service.

Leave a comment:

• DocDave
    replied
    Thought now would be a good time to update. As I stated in the other thread I think I'm finally in a good spot. I'm content with everything there and don't know what I'd get rid of. I do want a few other watches but can wait on those for a bit. I also have a GShock that's not pictured.

Top Left - Rolex 16610 Sub
    Top Right - JLC Master Ultra Thin Perpetual
    Bottom Left - JLC Deep Sea Chrono
    Bottom Right - IWC Portuguese Chrono
    Awesome collection of watches. I like that IWC. I was thinking of purchasing one for a while, but ended up going with the Rolex Sub.

Leave a comment:

• hockeysc23
    replied
    Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
    Great collection. IWC makes a handsome watch though some purists shit on the brand. I think their font is just pleasing to the eye which makes me want one.
    Agreed 100% beautiful watch.

Leave a comment:

• halfmacgas
    replied
    Dang I've been sleeping on this thread. Love the collections guys. I'll post mine when I get a chance. Just have the sub in for service so maybe it'll be after that

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• JBarwick
    replied
    Thought now would be a good time to update. As I stated in the other thread I think I'm finally in a good spot. I'm content with everything there and don't know what I'd get rid of. I do want a few other watches but can wait on those for a bit. I also have a GShock that's not pictured.

Great collection. IWC makes a handsome watch though some purists shit on the brand. I think their font is just pleasing to the eye which makes me want one.

Leave a comment:

• Vicious49
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Loafer28
    replied
    Originally posted by Token View Post
    3 watch boxes... that’s life goals right there haha. You have some really cool pieces! The pocket watch is awesome

Not 3 separate boxes, this is the same box progressing over time through flips, trades, and purchases

Leave a comment:

Working...
X