Let's see your watch collections!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see your watch collections!

Reading another watch thread here and not wanting to totally derail it gave me the idea to create this one. Let's see what you have and if you could list the model to the best of your recollection in case anyone else is curious about picking up a similar watch.

From left to right:
    Omega Planet Ocean 2500
    Christopher Ward C1 Russell
    Orient Millennium with a Hirsch Grand Duke strap
    Victorinox Swiss Army chronograph (can't remember the name of the aftermarket strap at the moment)
    Citizen EcoDrive
    Timex Weekender

A close up of my more favorite ones:

I don't have any family shots but here is my current collection.

Omega Seamaster 168.022 circa 1968

Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic H325150

I am bidding on a watch that I used to own. I am kicking myself for selling it a while ago and hope to add it back in my collection.

Comment

Left to Right:
      Timex Weekender
      Citizen Nighthawk (gift from the Mrs. 6-7 years ago)
      Rolex Datejust (wedding gift from the Mrs. 5.5 years ago)

I'm really considering picking up the Orient Ray, just not sure which color to get. I really like the navy blue face/ring, but I'm not sure how versatile it is. Also, I'm thinking about swapping the bracelet on the Rolex for leather (maybe cordovan?). Thoughts?
      Last edited by MarkB; May 14, 2013, 03:00 PM.
      Countryside Man of Letters

Comment

Current watch collection

Nixon Rover (I didn't take this picture):

Casio G-Shock. I wear this for snowboarding/hiking/biking:

Seiko SRP043k, commonly referred to as the Seiko "Spork" with a Bond Nato strap:

Breitling SuperOcean Steelfish:

Comment

BremersM - The only watch I kind of regret selling was my Steinhart OVM.

MarkB - Nice. The Omega was my wedding gift from the wife. I guess they feel guilty that we get shafted on the rings so this kind of evens it up a bit. I'm considering buying a Mako or Ray also. I'm thinking of going with a blue face since it's similar to my Omega SMP300 I sold last year.

Comment

I've caught the watch bug recently, but I'm just getting started. Two more are currently inbound. Stay away from Watchuseek if you're weak-willed, is all I can say.
            You can pretty much tell which ones are quartz - the ones that that show the same time.

http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/...ps692830d0.jpg

Front to back:
            Orient Star Somes (blue dial) - automatic not quartz, I took it off for the pic
            Laco Vintage, Sea-Gull Rodina
            Movado Titanium Bold, some quartz Seiko
            The Timex Easy Reader Joe just featured, and a Timex Ironman

On their way: a Bombfrog tactical diver and a funky-looking Seiko to have fun with straps.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB View Post
              I'm thinking about swapping the bracelet on the Rolex for leather (maybe cordovan?). Thoughts?
              I have to say I like leather on Datejusts. Nomos do a nice Horween Shell Cordovan straps for EUR60.00. I think the lug width on the DJ is
              20mm so you would be looking at straps for the Nomos Zurich - http://www.nomos-store.com/en/Watchstraps/Zuerich/

Comment

My current lineup:

Tag Heuer - Aquaracer

Hamilton - Khaki Officer Chrono

Ollech & Wajs - 2063

Omega Vintage Military (Coming Soon)
                Last edited by frost; May 15, 2013, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Current lineup (continued)

Victorinox Vintage Infantry Chronograph (Looking to sell)

J.Crew Military Timex

Comment

@Anvil- I like the case for your collection- where did you find it? My collection has grown in size and I am need of a nice case for at home. It's a nice collection you have as well!

@ mitch- I really like you travel case- it looks very solid- where did you find it? The one I have is cheap and already falling apart after two months of very light use. Is there a divider that folds in-between the tow halves? It looks as though there is something out of the picture.

No immediate pics of my collection but
                    Tag Aquaracer (Anniversary gift)
                    Hamilton Jazzmaster
                    Swiss Army Convoy Chrono with a custom vintigarstrap (Creatura w/Yale blue stitching- easily the best strap in the whole collection) http://vintagerstraps.com for those that are interested, Micah does excellent work!
                    Rose Gold Orient Bambino
                    Timex Weekender with FFF chromexcel button-stud strap
                    Citizen Eco-drive Silver black strap w/white face (BM7190-05A- changed the band to a HadleyRoma black calf skin)
                    Movado Museum- circa 1997 (not sure what it's really called has a smaller case...maybe 36mm- a gift during college)
                    Highgear Trailhead2 compass (running/working out watch)

Comment

[QUOTE=ajk170;[email protected] mitch- I really like you travel case- it looks very solid- where did you find it? The one I have is cheap and already falling apart after two months of very light use. Is there a divider that folds in-between the tow halves? It looks as though there is something out of the picture)[/QUOTE]

Hey man,

Yeah there is a divider that buttons down between the two halves. Im a member of a few watch forums and I bought it on recommendation's from those. I picked it up on this site: http://www.thetimetraveler.co/ .Its not the cheapest case out there but I think it's class.
                      Here is another link to a guy called Rainer in Germany that makes watch boxes. These are great and again come with great reviews - http://www.network54.com/Forum/35339...ANERAI+WATCHES

Comment

There are some really awesome collections in this thread. We need to keep this alive.

For those of you looking for a nice looking storage solution for their watches, check out http://www.acetimer.com/Watch-Cases/. No affiliation other than we own several of their display cases. For the price they probably can't be beat. The construction and materials are very nice, and they are all $30-100 depending on the style. I think we paid about $70 for a 24 watch black wood case with a glass display top.

Comment

I just ordered an Orient Mako this morning. I essentially got this one except with a rubber strap. It was cheaper with the rubber strap and for me it didn't matter since I'm going to wear it with NATO's. I went with it for 2 reasons over some of the other cheaper divers.
                          1. It has 22MM lugs which means I can use most of the NATO straps I already own from a previous diver I had.
                          2. It is a diver but is still a bit different in terms of the dial than others so it's kind of it's own watch instead of an 'homage'.
                          I'm still not happy about the month/date but I figure I just won't set them most of the time. I'll set the time and go unless I'll be wearing it for an extended period of time.

It's funny that Crown and Buckle just posted because the straps I have left over from my Steinhart OVM are from C&B. If I end up keeping the Mako for an extended time, I'll definitely be ordering a few more colorful straps from them.
                          Last edited by Vicious49; May 15, 2013, 10:49 AM.

Comment

I just added this back to my collection. It is quartz, but still an amazing watch. I wanted to get something with a rubber strap that had a tie to F1.

I will probably add a vintage Speedmaster to my collection by the end of the year.

Comment

Working...
                            X