Let's see your watch collections!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
    Vicious, I notice that you're selling off your Christopher Ward. Any reason? I thought that it was one of your staples.

The ball watch is a classic design. You could probably alternate between your Omega and the Ball and be covered for every outfit. Are you going to keep it on the bracelet?
    I haven't been wearing the CW as much since I got the Orient Millenium since they fill a similar niche for me. I'm hoping I won't regret it later. I've already had 2 offers from UK buyers on it but would rather sell to a US buyer as I hate dealing with international shipping.

Plus with having 4 automatics now, it's hard for me to not wear them if I want to keep them wound. My 2 favorites by far are my Omega and the Millennium. I don't see myself ever selling those (especially the Omega since it was a wedding gift from the wife). The Mako is great for the price and fills a need when I want to wear something inexpensive with jeans or shorts and a t-shirt or if I'm going to be in not such a nice neighborhood. Plus I love wearing divers with NATO's and I can't bring myself to do that with the Omega. The Mako lets me switch around straps every day.

I'm torn on the Ball right now. I'm not sure if I will grow tired of it or if I will grow to like it even more. It usually takes a month or so for me to sort that out. It looks classy but is a bit boring for my taste. I'll have to wear it with some dressier clothes to get a better feel for it. If I keep it, I will be keeping it on it's bracelet though. Putting it on a black leather strap would limit it's versatility.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
      Vicious, I notice that you're selling off your Christopher Ward. Any reason? I thought that it was one of your staples.

The ball watch is a classic design. You could probably alternate between your Omega and the Ball and be covered for every outfit. Are you going to keep it on the bracelet?
      I noticed that too -- I'd been eyeballing a Christopher Ward after seeing it tossed around here as a great alternative to a $4,000 watch that is a step up in quality from the sub-$500s. Now I'm all confused!!

Comment

If you need me to say it - I'm a watch whore. I've owned about 15 in the last year or so. I get bored easily with watches. If I even keep a watch around for a year, it means I really liked it. The only one I won't ever get rid of is the Omega due to it being a gift from the wife. Everything else ill probably eventually end up getting rid of at some point.

I've had a $1500 Christopher ward jump hour watch which I ended up getting rid of as well as a Steinhart OVM. Almost forgot about my Omega SMP300 (the Pierce Brosnan Bond watch).

I do have my eye on a Christopher ward diver. Ill probably pick that up before the end of the year. My tastes change all the time . . . so there you have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
          If you need me to say it - I'm a watch whore.
          After your most recent purchase one could even say that you're a watch Ball-er.

I haven't been wearing the CW as much since I got the Orient Millenium since they fill a similar niche for me...I'm torn on the Ball right now. I'm not sure if I will grow tired of it or if I will grow to like it even more. It usually takes a month or so for me to sort that out. It looks classy but is a bit boring for my taste. I'll have to wear it with some dressier clothes to get a better feel for it. If I keep it, I will be keeping it on it's bracelet though. Putting it on a black leather strap would limit it's versatility.
          For what it's worth, I like the Orient Millennium more than the Christopher Ward. The Ball is classy, and I like it, but it is plain. It resembles the black and steel Citizen eco drive dress watches that run for ~$100-200, the Orient Symphony, the Orient Bambino, and the Orient Capitol.
          Last edited by bruschetta; May 22, 2013, 09:27 PM.

Comment

The CW is a quartz (which I actually prefer) but it makes it a bit lighter than I'm used to. It is obviously much more accurate than the orient though. The CW has some very nice detailing on the dial that doesn't come through in the pics so I think it looks nicer in person. They're both very nice watches. Ill probably have to take the orient to a watchmaker some day to et it regulated since its about 15-20 seconds fast per day which drives me crazy.

Comment

At one point I had about a dozen watches (including two reps I sold here), thankfully I cut it back quite a bit in the past year and am now down to 5.

This is the watch I wear almost daily nowadays (picked it up last year). Omega Planet Ocean aka the James Bond watch. Love the size, weight, lume, and of course, feeling like James Bond. LOL!

Possibly the oldest (and largest) watch in my collection now. Limited Edition Debaufre Pilot on one of a few Jergens straps I have for it. Love the classic, clean look of pilot watches as well as the sterile dial (no seconds dial, date, or branding) of this model. The back also has a bad ass pilot engraving on it

Comment

Another older one which is my go-to formal dress watch. Archimede Klassic. It reminds me of the IWC Portuguese which is a dream watch of mine. Blue hands are subtle, but stand out. Super clean lines and face. Always meant to pick up a dark blue leather strap, but never got around to it

This was a gift to myself after getting a pretty big promotion a few years back. Rolex GMT II Ceramic. Was the crown jewel in my collection (and suppose it still is) although I don't wear it near as much as I used to. Love GMT watches and the super tiny details that go into a Rolex that no one (except watch geeks) will ever notice.

The last watch in my collection is the Timex Andros. Oddly enough, I can't seem to find any pictures of me wearing it. Don't wear it that often as I'm not a fan of quartz or the size, but it's basically a cheap beach watch when I don't want to wear something nice in fear of it getting ruined/lost/stolen.

Comment

I Love that omega (obviously). I've never been a fan of Rolex since I can't stand the bubble magnifying thing. I was thinking of getting that IWC Portugese for my 10th wedding anniversary. Only 9.5 years to go on that one. I like the clean lines of that Archimedes.

Comment

Thank you. I know what you mean about the bubble, but after 3.5 years of ownership, you get used to it. That said, I actually prefer not having a date window at all. There are a handful of watches I've been *this* close to buying, but simply didn't like the date window. One of these days I'd like to pick up a no-date Rolex Submariner. While I would ideally want vintage, the newer ceramic version has all the little details that I love which older versions do not. http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/2012/3/...-114060-l.html

Of course, in that same breath, I don't need another diver watch...

Comment

I don't like the date window either. With autos it's easier to set them if you don't also have to set the date. That's why I had bought the Steinhart OVM - vintage looking diver with no date window.

Comment

Originally posted by mdwsta4 View Post

Where did you get those cufflinks?

I love my Omega and will likely get a Speedmaster for my fifth wedding anniversary.

Comment

Originally posted by bremersm View Post
                          I love my Omega and will likely get a Speedmaster for my fifth wedding anniversary.
                          Hahahaha. I was thinking the same thing. SpeedMaster for my 5th anniversary (since it runs about $2500 I think) and then maybe an IWC Portugese for the 10th. But my tastes might change by then so who knows.

Comment

Hahahaha. I was thinking the same thing. SpeedMaster for my 5th anniversary (since it runs about $2500 I think) and then maybe an IWC Portugese for the 10th. But my tastes might change by then so who knows.
                            I will probably go vintage or used. Either something from my birth year (79) or our wedding year (10).

Comment

Honestly, I've had them for about 10 years and don't remember. I'm sure if you google or check ebay for '5 speed cufflinks' you'll find plenty of results.

Originally posted by bremersm View Post
                              Where did you get those cufflinks?

Is that what PO's are going for on the used market nowadays!?

Comment

Originally posted by mdwsta4 View Post
                                Is that what PO's are going for on the used market nowadays!?
                                I was talking about a Speedy - most likely a hand wound one since that's what the 'moon watch' was.

Bremers - I was possibly thinking about that as well but I don't like buying something that's 40 years old since I don't know how it's been treated during that time.

Comment

Working...
                                X