Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ajk170 View Post
    Thanks! I appreciate the measurements!
    Sorry for the delay. Here are some quick pics I took on my phone. Hopefully you'll get the idea of size.

Comment

Mitch- thanks for the measurements! I need to loo at my band and my case to see if this is the same dims.

Comment

Slightly more unpacked now, so as promised, a pic:

Top L-R: Casio EF-503D; Deep Blue Daynight T25; G-Shock DW5600E; Timex Expedition vintage-style pilot
        Bottom L-R: Hamilton Khaki Night Pilot; Ball Fireman Racer; Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic; Orient Ray

And a couple close-ups of my babies.

The box (not well shown in the photo) is one I built myself. The cushions are 3x3" velvet bracelet pillows I bought on eBay.
        Ben

Comment

That Ball is gorgeous.

Comment

Ben, can you post some pics of the efd worn? I've been thinking about picking one up for quite some time.. Have you ever thrown a leather strap on it?

Comment

Wrist pic, just for you:

Keep in mind I have tiny wrists, so it won't wear so big on most people. It's a moderately sized watch, about 41-42mm with a nice thin case.

I once had the watch on a brown croc strap that looked pretty good. No pics of it, though. I wear it on the bracelet because it's such a nice bracelet for the price range - by far the best I've found for <$100, and as good as or better than many bracelets on <$1000 watches.
              Ben

Comment

Here's a link to another thread discussing the EF-503D. It has some wrist shots from Margotron, who is a much bigger dude than I am (6'5" or something vs my 5'9") to give you a different perspective on the watch's size.

http://threads.dappered.com/showthre...-Speedy-anyone
                Ben

Comment

Thanks Ben. I remember that thread too (I posted in it).

Appreciate the info. I think you and I probably have similar wrist sizes.

I'll post up my collection when I get a second

Comment

My small collection

Comment

That's a nice collection of affordables. Is that a Boss on the croc strap? I think I've ogled that one on the Nordstrom site... got a definite Calatrava look to it. Wish it came in 36mm. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it came in 36-38mm with the small seconds.
                      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by gargao View Post
                        Cell phone pics, but I really have nothing to showcase anyway. I am not big on watches since it seems to be a very expensive hobby. Most of what I own I was given as a gift. The only "real" watches I purchased were because of this site and those were the orients and seiko 5.

I hope to own a Christopher Ward diver one day. My workhorses are my two orients, but my citizen eco-drives are very useful.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Upper left, Citizen eco-drive, blue mako, orient (can't remember but it's my dress watch)
                        Upper right, my bracelet watches. I am not a fan of bracelet watches so all I own are the fossil my wife gave to me and an old adidas watch from high school
                        Bottom, another citizen eco-drive, and old eddie bauer (my first watch ever), Seiko 5, a citizen my in laws gave me on my wedding day, and my grandfather's windup Waltham watch

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My storage system for my accouterments. Just because I don't own nice things doesn't mean I can't store them nicely.
                        Oh and ignore the Folex watch at the top, I want to take it apart one day and see how it works. It's broke anyway, plus it's falsely stamped with "Rolex" and I can't be caught dead with it on.
                        gargao- I like your storage case- Are the drawers deep enough to put sunglasses in? My collection in that realm as well as tie-bars and collar stays is growing as well and need a place to corral them all into one location. Otherwise I may have to add a couple of drawers to my closet organizer system.

Comment

The Ticino was too big for my wrist so I'm going to have to send it back.

Ben - I hate you. After seeing your Ball, I started looking through their collection and found one I really liked and happened to catch an auction on EBay tonight for a lightly used one. I really do lack impulse control. Now to figure out how to pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                            That's a nice collection of affordables. Is that a Boss on the croc strap? I think I've ogled that one on the Nordstrom site... got a definite Calatrava look to it. Wish it came in 36mm. I'd buy it in a heartbeat if it came in 36-38mm with the small seconds.
                            Nailed it. The watch goes with any outfit, which is why I really like it. One gripe is that I wear it at the last hole and it's still a little looser than I'd like.

I've been wondering what it would look like on another strap. Need to get me a watch spring bar tool and some other straps

I've been looking at the tissot visodate but I think it kind of looks similar to the boss.
                            Last edited by nftmlk; May 20, 2013, 12:31 AM.

Comment

@ Vicious - Lol... says the guy who's always showing off his Omega and Chris Ward. Seriously, though, you need help.

@ nftmlk - You could always buy a leather hole punch and add new holes to the strap. A punch with multiple size options should cost you about $12 at a hardware store. It's an invaluable tool for a small-wristed watch enthusiast.
                              Last edited by LesserBlackDog; May 20, 2013, 12:57 AM.
                              Ben

Comment

@LBD- That Casio Edifice is actually rather nice- I would never have considered a Casio but after seeing you talk about it now and reading the thread that I missed from Jan on it, I'm re-considering my thoughts about Casio...

I hate the fact that I really like it but have too many watches ... luckily this Casio is not expensive...
                                Last edited by ajk170; May 20, 2013, 05:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X