Let's see your watch collections!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lax101 View Post
    I'm a bit late to the party here, but I'm surprised nobody has commented on your Daytona...yet every Orient, microbrand, and homage watch gets tons of conversation. My god. My sincerest of congratulations.

Out of curiosity, how long were you on a waitlist to get yours?
    Thanks! I wasn’t actively looking to get one but the opportunity came up and it’s one of my grail watches so I couldn’t pass it up. Ended up waiting about 6 months. I do hope (and think) that the bubble will burst... the prices have just gotten more and more ridiculous especially over the past year.
    Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
      So my apologies if the wrong avenue. But for those with heirloom type watches (Rolex, Omega etc) were those event driven like to celebrate something/hand me down, or good value/price or other? Seems to me I’ve noticed a lot more Rolex’s etc in general than in years past here and locally and with a tightening market just has me curious since the price is escalating into car territory.
      I haven’t meaningfully noticed an uptick in the % of luxury watches around here although I could be missing it.

I think watches are almost by definition an expensive hobby. For me it’s more about trying to learn and experience more which kinda inevitably took me upmarket (probably in large part due to marketing) but also because you’re kind of gated from a lot of what makes watches interesting by the price. I certainly don’t treat watches as an investment, while the price certainly comes into consideration I’ve found that for watches (and most luxury goods), more often than not it’s a bad idea to “settle” for something you like less just because it’s cheaper.

On Rolex specifically I’m not entirely sure what’s going on but the demand over the past year has been ridiculous. 1 year ago you could walk into an AD and reasonably walk out with a SS sub. Nowadays it’s rare to see any SS sport models in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post
        My collection through the past 7-8 years:

Left to right, top row first

Hamilton Intra Matic 38, Omega Speedmaster reduced, Marathon GSAR, Hamilton Pioneer, Tissot Le Locle, Seiko orange monster

Omega Seamaster Apnea, Sinn 556i, Hamilton Intra Matic, Helson Blackbeard, Bell and Ross Vintage 123, Breitling, Longines Chrono, Dad’s vintage Hamilton, Grandfather’s Elgin pocket watch

Wife’s Grandfather’s Mickey Mouse Casio, Dad’s Hamilton, Nomos Orion 38, Seiko SKX007, Dad’s University of Florida watch, BR123, Sinn 903, Rolex GMT Master II, Grandad’s pocket watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        3 watch boxes... that’s life goals right there haha. You have some really cool pieces! The pocket watch is awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Token View Post
          3 watch boxes... that’s life goals right there haha. You have some really cool pieces! The pocket watch is awesome

Not 3 separate boxes, this is the same box progressing over time through flips, trades, and purchases

Comment

Thought now would be a good time to update. As I stated in the other thread I think I'm finally in a good spot. I'm content with everything there and don't know what I'd get rid of. I do want a few other watches but can wait on those for a bit. I also have a GShock that's not pictured.

Top Left - Rolex 16610 Sub
            Top Right - JLC Master Ultra Thin Perpetual
            Bottom Left - JLC Deep Sea Chrono
            Bottom Right - IWC Portuguese Chrono

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
              Thought now would be a good time to update. As I stated in the other thread I think I'm finally in a good spot. I'm content with everything there and don't know what I'd get rid of. I do want a few other watches but can wait on those for a bit. I also have a GShock that's not pictured.

Great collection. IWC makes a handsome watch though some purists shit on the brand. I think their font is just pleasing to the eye which makes me want one.

Comment

Dang I've been sleeping on this thread. Love the collections guys. I'll post mine when I get a chance. Just have the sub in for service so maybe it'll be after that

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
                  Great collection. IWC makes a handsome watch though some purists shit on the brand. I think their font is just pleasing to the eye which makes me want one.
                  Agreed 100% beautiful watch.

Comment

Awesome collection of watches. I like that IWC. I was thinking of purchasing one for a while, but ended up going with the Rolex Sub.

Comment

L-R
                      Bulova A-11 WWII ORD issue. Bulova 666 pre Snorkel (black). Bulova Oceanographer “V”. Bulova Chronograph. Bulova Ambassador micro rotor.
                      Bulova A-17. Bulova 666 pre Snorkel (silver). Bulova Devil Diver LE. Bulova dress Roman dial. Bulova dress SS quartz. In the middle is a Bulova Chronograoh MonoPusher
                      Bulova A-15 reissue. Bulova 21 Jewel square. Bulova 23 Jewel “G”. Bulova Surf King. Miller 39 Jewel.
                      Bulova Millennia MotionQuartz. Bulova 21 Jewel SS round. Bulova 666 DayDate. Accutron 218. Bulova Oceanographer 333. In the middle Bulova Super Seville Date.
                      Bulova Chronograph. Bulova Brigadier (great grandfathers watch). Accutron Spaceview “T”.
                      Bulova 4 hander. Accutron 218-0 RR Approved.

That’s the current rotation. Many still in need of service.

Comment

Top L to R:
                        Seiko Samauri Save the Ocean
                        Seiko SKX007
                        Hamilton khaki Navy Sub
                        Christopher Ward C7 Rapide

Bottom L to R:
                        Hamilton Khaki 42mm
                        Orient Bambino
                        Orient Mako
                        Timex Scout

Comment

It’s been a while so thought I’d post an update.

These are my main 4 at the moment. I have a few others that are more ‘affordable’ but those are always changing. I’ll see if I can get a pic with them posted a bit later as well.

Comment

These are my main 4 at the moment. I have a few others that are more ‘affordable’ but those are always changing. I’ll see if I can get a pic with them posted a bit later as well.

What happened to the JLC MUT perpetual!?

Comment

Originally posted by lax101 View Post
                              What happened to the JLC MUT perpetual!?
                              I loved the watch. Possibly one of the most perfectly proportioned watches I've ever come across. It was gorgeous. But I wasn't wearing it. It's sort of like owning a Ferrari but putting 50 miles a year on it. My lifestyle at the moment doesn't require a dress watch. That may be different 10 years from now and then I'll regret selling it. But at the moment it's a lot of money tied up in something just to keep it on my dresser.

Comment

Great looking collection. The IWC is gorgeous. What band is the watch on? Is that the stock band or did you swap it out for something else?

Comment

Working...
                                X