No announcement yet.

Let's see your watch collections!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=8482]JayS[/MENTION] some cool family pieces there. I like it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Here is a picture of the watch I wear when I wear western. I sometimes wear western style clothing. The watch on the left came free with the purchase of the watch band. When you pay a lot of money for the band, the watch was given for free. The only problem with this is that the watch is cheap. It keeps time, but often just stops running. I give it a tap, and it starts running again. After awhile, it stops again. Changing battery doesn't help.

I decided to replace the free one for something more reliable. I wanted the same look, as I like the look of the free watch. I searched the Internet, and found a timex that matched almost perfectly. The Timex was $109 at Watches.com. Here it is:

https://s26.postimg.cc/x0iux8s0p/1111112.jpg

Fritz

Comment

Budget Watches!

Rodina Bauhaus
        Orient Bambino
        Daniel Wellington
        Casio Edifice
        Timex Weekender

Comment

It’s been a while but here is my collection. Apologies for the bad photos, also, I need to get a new watch box so I can photograph everything together.

Timex Marlin, Nomos Tangomat, Longines 1945

Swill Cocktail Time, Patek 5296, Movado

Seiko Orange Monster, Omega Seamaster 300, Tudor 5B

Rolex Daytona, Grand Seiko Peacock, Omega Speedmaster CK2998

Looking at getting a JLC MUT Moon next as I could use a black dial dress watch that isn’t the movado.
          Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Originally posted by Token View Post
            It’s been a while but here is my collection. Apologies for the bad photos, also, I need to get a new watch box so I can photograph everything together.

Timex Marlin, Nomos Tangomat, Longines 1945

Swill Cocktail Time, Patek 5296, Movado

Seiko Orange Monster, Omega Seamaster 300, Tudor 5B

Rolex Daytona, Grand Seiko Peacock, Omega Speedmaster CK2998

Looking at getting a JLC MUT Moon next as I could use a black dial dress watch that isn’t the movado.
            I'm a bit late to the party here, but I'm surprised nobody has commented on your Daytona...yet every Orient, microbrand, and homage watch gets tons of conversation. My god. My sincerest of congratulations.

Out of curiosity, how long were you on a waitlist to get yours?

Comment

Originally posted by lax101 View Post
              I'm a bit late to the party here, but I'm surprised nobody has commented on your Daytona...yet every Orient, microbrand, and homage watch gets tons of conversation. My god. My sincerest of congratulations.

Out of curiosity, how long were you on a waitlist to get yours?
              because most of us look at those and its just too painful to face the reality that we wont obtain lol. The Daytona is my lottery grail watch. Without the lottery, there is no way I will ever purchase one though. A real beauty for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                because most of us look at those and its just too painful to face the reality that we wont obtain lol. The Daytona is my lottery grail watch. Without the lottery, there is no way I will ever purchase one though. A real beauty for sure.
                That last line is quite the trio -- jealous of the GS as well

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                  That last line is quite the trio -- jealous of the GS as well
                  for sure. I like playing the mount rushmore game...a 4 watch rotation to rule them all. All 3 of those are viable candidates.

Comment

My current collection includes:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...60520378969064

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...60520417168574

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sour...60520491082015

Comment

The market for Daytona's is going up up up. Definitely a nice watch and one I'd love to have in my collection for sure. Won't be for a long while though. If ever.

Comment

here's a picture of my current collection. sorry the lighting is really crummy and not doing any of these any justice

top row left to right: JLC master ultra thin small seconds, stowa flieger classic 40 manual, rolex explorer
                        bottom row left to right: wife's JLC rendez vous, Swatch x Hodinkee sistem blue edition, Seiko SKX009J, Seiko SARB033, some Tissot quartz (the oldest piece in the box)

when I bought the watch box I also told myself to never own more watches than there are slots in the box. looks like I'm getting there, maybe one more at most. also done buying watches for the moment anyway, gotta save up for a new speedy /w that cal. 321 (whenever omega decides to let that one out of the bag).

Comment

Very nice collection there [MENTION=13239]kongmw[/MENTION] I am kind of in the same boat as you are. I'm pretty much done buying watches for the moment. Nothing is really catching my eye right now (although this watch certainly comes close) but for now, I'm good. I already have some watches I don't wear often enough, if at all.

Comment

So my apologies if the wrong avenue. But for those with heirloom type watches (Rolex, Omega etc) were those event driven like to celebrate something/hand me down, or good value/price or other? Seems to me I’ve noticed a lot more Rolex’s etc in general than in years past here and locally and with a tightening market just has me curious since the price is escalating into car territory.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
                              So my apologies if the wrong avenue. But for those with heirloom type watches (Rolex, Omega etc) were those event driven like to celebrate something/hand me down, or good value/price or other? Seems to me I’ve noticed a lot more Rolex’s etc in general than in years past here and locally and with a tightening market just has me curious since the price is escalating into car territory.
                              My Rolex was my grail watch that happened to show up on a Facebook local trading site that my wife used to find baby furniture . The price was way below market, so I met the seller at a watch maker to authenticate before purchase. It has easily doubled or tripled the price I paid since. I certainly couldn’t afford one at today’s used prices!

My collection, as a whole, has come from years of collecting: buying, selling and trading. My first nice watch was a Breitling that I bought for my self with my first Big commission check out of college. All of my mentors wore Tag Heuer and I new that loved watches, so I had to get one. When I went to the store, I decided I didn’t want what every one else was wearing, so I wandered over to the Breitling case and fell in love with a white Colt chronograph with blue sundials. I bought it on site and have been collecting ever since.

Comment

My collection through the past 7-8 years:

Left to right, top row first

Hamilton Intra Matic 38, Omega Speedmaster reduced, Marathon GSAR, Hamilton Pioneer, Tissot Le Locle, Seiko orange monster

Omega Seamaster Apnea, Sinn 556i, Hamilton Intra Matic, Helson Blackbeard, Bell and Ross Vintage 123, Breitling, Longines Chrono, Dad’s vintage Hamilton, Grandfather’s Elgin pocket watch

Wife’s Grandfather’s Mickey Mouse Casio, Dad’s Hamilton, Nomos Orion 38, Seiko SKX007, Dad’s University of Florida watch, BR123, Sinn 903, Rolex GMT Master II, Grandad’s pocket watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by Loafer28; June 17, 2019, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X