Let's see your watch collections!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    I read somewhere (not sure if it's accurate) that Rolex implemented 904L steel starting in 1989, which would mean this watch has it. The difference may be lighting but also the fact that the Explorer II appears to have been polished by someone other than RSC at some point in its life, so not quite the same brush grain as a factory finish.
    My understanding was that they developed it in the mid/late 80s, but it wasn't fully used on watches/bracelets until the late 90s/00s. So I think depending on when the Exp 2 is from, could be a 304 bracelet. I could also be totally wrong as well. Brushed explanation (or lighting) also could apply.

And congrats on the win!

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
      My understanding was that they developed it in the mid/late 80s, but it wasn't fully used on watches/bracelets until the late 90s/00s. So I think depending on when the Exp 2 is from, could be a 304 bracelet. I could also be totally wrong as well. Brushed explanation (or lighting) also could apply.
      That could be right. I did some googling and I'm not really finding any definitive answers.
      Ben

Comment

It's not likely I'll ever have the funds or interest to build a "serious" collection, but I'm happy with the versatility of this group, all in less than $200.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

SOTC:

Nice

Comment

Incidentally, and apropos of nothing, I had my first trial (DUI jury trial) on the new job yesterday, wore the OP, won the trial.
            Cowabunga, dude!

Comment

Originally posted by AngusM View Post
              Cowabunga, dude!
              Ben

Comment

SOTC:

Tux watch, two daily drivers, and a quartz gym/lake/weekend beater.

I am half tempted to box up all my other watches and just take them to a pawn shop and see what they offer me. I've only got one watch up for sale right now and all these lowballers and backouts and "please sell me the watch for $1 but ship it to Germany sorry I have no sales feedback, can you guarantee I will not incur import fees" are already driving me bonkers.
                Nice collection of watches there. The Explorer II and the CW are my favs of the bunch.

Comment

I am half tempted to box up all my other watches and just take them to a pawn shop and see what they offer me. I've only got one watch up for sale right now and all these lowballers and backouts and "please sell me the watch for $1 but ship it to Germany sorry I have no sales feedback, can you guarantee I will not incur import fees" are already driving me bonkers.
                  Awesome watches. What year is the OP from? Also, what does your "other watch" backstock consist of at this point?

Comment

Originally posted by Eric S View Post

It's not likely I'll ever have the funds or interest to build a "serious" collection, but I'm happy with the versatility of this group, all in less than $200.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
                    Yeah, I'd say you have pretty much every category covered. Grab a black strap for a slightly more formal look on the Seiko and call it a day. May want to pick up a G Shock for gym/hiking/etc. But thats not really necessary.

Comment

just the divers out today. I suppose I should have set them all but....well, I didnt.

Comment

[MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] what's the black watch lying horizontally across the top?

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                          [MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] what's the black watch lying horizontally across the top?
                          Casio Mdv102, no longer in production.

Comment

SO I have been on a mission to finish my mods and then evaluate what stays and what goes from my collection. Right now it is too big. Growth from "killer deals" I was too weak to pass up and completed mods has it bloated. Now I have to decide what to keep and what to sell. And maybe where to upgrade. Some are gifts or have sentimental value so they stay. All of the Timex and the Skagen were gifts so they stay. The Fossil and Seiko SNDC31 have sentimental value and they stay too. Everything else is under evaluation

http://imgur.com/a/2Eatl

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                              SO I have been on a mission to finish my mods and then evaluate what stays and what goes from my collection. Right now it is too big. Growth from "killer deals" I was too weak to pass up and completed mods has it bloated. Now I have to decide what to keep and what to sell. And maybe where to upgrade. Some are gifts or have sentimental value so they stay. All of the Timex and the Skagen were gifts so they stay. The Fossil and Seiko SNDC31 have sentimental value and they stay too. Everything else is under evaluation

http://imgur.com/a/2Eatl
                              Hmm deciding what to get rid of can be tough.

If it helps I'd gladly take that Nezumi off your hands. If you're interested shoot me a PM and we can talk $$

Comment

Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
                                Hmm deciding what to get rid of can be tough.

If it helps I'd gladly take that Nezumi off your hands. If you're interested shoot me a PM and we can talk $$
                                We will see but thats probably one I am hanging on to. Logic tell sme to keep it and move the ef503. It just took me forever to find that watch at a good price and they are hard to find again. But I hardly wear it.

Comment

Working...
                                X