Let's see your watch collections!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
    Take a look at the vratislavia conceptum or the Manchester watch works Morgan
    Thanks for the suggestions! The Vratislavia has definitely got my attention now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
      Thanks for the suggestions! The Vratislavia has definitely got my attention now.
      They have had a few successful campaigns already and used usually sell for really close to original cost because of the limited number. I was going to get the brown before I saw the nezumi.

Comment

Here's my modest collection. Left to right is a Garmin Forerunner 220 (running and skiing only), Timex who-knows-what (had it since I was 12, beater quartz that runs through everything I've thrown at it), L.L. Bean watch (another quartz, given to me by my father because it irritated his skin, so I don't know anything about it), Seiko Sports 150 chronograph (inherited from my grandfather), and my prized possession, a Omega Seamaster (inherited from the same grandfather).

Duncan

I know my username is dumb; blame 12 year old me.

Comment

Originally posted by Terminado View Post
          Here's my modest collection. Left to right is a Garmin Forerunner 220 (running and skiing only), Timex who-knows-what (had it since I was 12, beater quartz that runs through everything I've thrown at it), L.L. Bean watch (another quartz, given to me by my father because it irritated his skin, so I don't know anything about it), Seiko Sports 150 chronograph (inherited from my grandfather), and my prized possession, a Omega Seamaster (inherited from the same grandfather).

very cool, keep all of those. A history makes the watches cool

Comment

My brother got me a very nice watch case, and i received my grandfathers simple quartz movement watch after his passing (not pictured), so I thought I'd show mine off. Also, not pictured is my citizen titanium that I use mostly for traveling.

Baume and Mercier in the winder (gets the most wear, love it).
            From left to right: Fossil (give from my wife when we started dating), Movado for graduation, Movado museum, Fossil (brown leather band), DW, and a G-Shock for the weekend.

https://goo.gl/photos/ZHbQ82dgj2hodUGX9

Comment

I am mixed about winders. I kind of enjoy setting my auto in the morning most days. Occasionally I have grabbed a quartz just because I didnt feel like messing with setting anything, but that is rare. I mean, I wear quartz all the time, I just dont use the setting of the time as a deciding factor often.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
                My brother got me a very nice watch case, and i received my grandfathers simple quartz movement watch after his passing (not pictured), so I thought I'd show mine off. Also, not pictured is my citizen titanium that I use mostly for traveling.

Baume and Mercier in the winder (gets the most wear, love it).
                From left to right: Fossil (give from my wife when we started dating), Movado for graduation, Movado museum, Fossil (brown leather band), DW, and a G-Shock for the weekend.

https://goo.gl/photos/ZHbQ82dgj2hodUGX9
                Awesome watch case!
                Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

I am mixed about winders. I kind of enjoy setting my auto in the morning most days. Occasionally I have grabbed a quartz just because I didnt feel like messing with setting anything, but that is rare. I mean, I wear quartz all the time, I just dont use the setting of the time as a deciding factor often.
                  I have a pretty nice storage box with some built in winders (looks remarkably similar to the one pictured), and I'm kind of mixed on it too. The main reason I wanted it was because, while I don't mind setting the time in the morning, I disliked having to set the date. I wouldn't rotate watches as much because the one I was wearing the previous day was already set. With the watch winders now, what I have found is that I still don't rotate watches that often because it's easier to not have to get them on and off the winders. Still, they look pretty while they're sitting there not being worn.

Basically, I think I'm lazy. I just need to give up on having a "collection", hang onto my g-shock, and sell the rest to finance a grail watch.

Comment

I don't stress the date much but also only have a handful of watches I wear on a regular basis. The date is never more than a day or two off

Comment

I've thought about getting a winder or two, but have yet to pull the trigger. As some have mentioned, I don't really mind setting the time when I pick up a watch in the morning, or even the date. The only time I'd really want one is if I were dealing with an automatic watch that had more than a simple date function--e.g., a moonphase or annual/perpetual calendar--or if it were a vintage watch with a date function that isn't a quickset date like most modern watches. At that point, re-setting the thing to be accurate would be a severe pain in the ass and worth the winder to me.

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                        I've thought about getting a winder or two, but have yet to pull the trigger. As some have mentioned, I don't really mind setting the time when I pick up a watch in the morning, or even the date. The only time I'd really want one is if I were dealing with an automatic watch that had more than a simple date function--e.g., a moonphase or annual/perpetual calendar--or if it were a vintage watch with a date function that isn't a quickset date like most modern watches. At that point, re-setting the thing to be accurate would be a severe pain in the ass and worth the winder to me.
                        Setting the date on my vostok is a pain. I just don't bother.

Comment

They have had a few successful campaigns already and used usually sell for really close to original cost because of the limited number. I was going to get the brown before I saw the nezumi.
                          After thinking on it for a couple days I made the plunge on the S4 Kosmos (has that nice speedy look to it) and the S6 Sport. I thought they both would fit nicely in my collection but couldn't decide between the two. Thinking I'll keep whichever one I like most and gift the other one to a friend of mine who just got into watches himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
                            After thinking on it for a couple days I made the plunge on the S4 Kosmos (has that nice speedy look to it) and the S6 Sport. I thought they both would fit nicely in my collection but couldn't decide between the two. Thinking I'll keep whichever one I like most and gift the other one to a friend of mine who just got into watches himself.
                            Very nice. Post pics when they arrive. August, right?

Comment

Yup, I'm guessing it wont be until the back end of the month.

Comment

Originally posted by Preppy View Post
                                This rules.
                                FYI, just saw this Timex, which has shades of the vintage Fortis in it:

Comment

Working...
                                X