No announcement yet.

Let's see your watch collections!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that I have a proper watch box, I figured I'd share a photo of my collection.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
      Now that I have a proper watch box, I figured I'd share a photo of my collection.

very nice, are you going to sell some watches to make room for the eventual next watches, or just get a larger box?
      Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

you have more than one proper watches in there. Nice collection. I just picked up the last watch I will be buying for a while. When it arrives I will post an update photo.

Comment

[MENTION=14773]Token[/MENTION] there is a whole other level to the box. So no need to sell.

[MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] thanks. Look forward to the update pics.

Comment

Originally posted by DMB View Post
            It's a 70's Fortis Marine Master. Fortis later did a reissue of it. It's a pretty cool dive watch, about 43mm, internal bezel, with a non hacking auto movement.

This rules.

Comment

So funny story for you all. My Mom was over for a visit and she decided to have a look at my watch collection (see photo above). Now keeping in mind my Mom is not a watch connoisseur, she looks through the watches and her favourite pick? Drum roll please....The DW in the lower right corner of my post. Not the Tag, not the Omega, the DW. She liked the simplistic face of the watch. Just goes to show taste is a personal thing.

I should point out too that my Mom was wearing a white analog Swatch that I bought for her wayyyyy back when I still in high school. I bought the watch with one of the first paychecks I ever had when I was working during high school and she needed a watch. I won't date myself by saying how long ago that was.

Comment

that isn't a huge surprise. women love the DW.

as promised, my updated box

Top row: Seiko SNDC31, Casio EF503, Nezumi Voiture, Hamilton Field Khaki Auto, Random Skagen
                Bottom Row: Casio MDV106 mod, Obris Morgan Aegis, Invicta 8926 mod, Vostok Amphibia 710 mod, Orient Blue Mako

The beater drawers...
                Timex Expedition T40091JT, Timex Weeekender, Timex Expedition TW4B018009, Invicta 8926 mod, Fossil ME1000

Comment

So funny story for you all. My Mom was over for a visit and she decided to have a look at my watch collection (see photo above). Now keeping in mind my Mom is not a watch connoisseur, she looks through the watches and her favourite pick? Drum roll please....The DW in the lower right corner of my post. Not the Tag, not the Omega, the DW. She liked the simplistic face of the watch. Just goes to show taste is a personal thing.
                  Yet another example of why you should buy watches for yourself and not for others. Those who love watches and are into the WUS life forget that a majority of people don't know or care about movements, history of watches or other things we geek out on. They just like what looks cool to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                    that isn't a huge surprise. women love the DW.
                    It is pretty funny how a watch with a cheap quartz movement and a simple Bauhaus dial has become so popular. My wife has a pretty extensive watch collection. Everything from a Ballon Bleu to a blinged out Breitling that sparkles like crazy to an old Hamilton auto that was her fathers (not an expensive watch, but a vintage watch that would catch the attention of anyone into watches) and quite a bit in between. She's worked in her new job for almost a year now and no one has ever said anything to her about her watch rotation. She wore her DW for the first time the other week, and she was complimented on it by at least a half-dozen co-workers.

By the way, that Nezumi Voiture is making me jones. I already picked up a Vratislavia Conceptum Heritage Chrono because I wanted to geek out over the hybrid movement. That panda dial is so classic though. Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by connersw View Post
                      It is pretty funny how a watch with a cheap quartz movement and a simple Bauhaus dial has become so popular.
                      It definitely is in at the moment, in part I'd posit, from the simple design making the dial look bigger (in addition that DW watches are relatively large dials already). That much white space with little adornment, plus a colorful nato, makes for a pretty eye catching watch.

Comment

Originally posted by connersw View Post
                        It is pretty funny how a watch with a cheap quartz movement and a simple Bauhaus dial has become so popular. My wife has a pretty extensive watch collection. Everything from a Ballon Bleu to a blinged out Breitling that sparkles like crazy to an old Hamilton auto that was her fathers (not an expensive watch, but a vintage watch that would catch the attention of anyone into watches) and quite a bit in between. She's worked in her new job for almost a year now and no one has ever said anything to her about her watch rotation. She wore her DW for the first time the other week, and she was complimented on it by at least a half-dozen co-workers.

By the way, that Nezumi Voiture is making me jones. I already picked up a Vratislavia Conceptum Heritage Chrono because I wanted to geek out over the hybrid movement. That panda dial is so classic though. Love it.
                        Man, the nezumi is pretty. I really like it. It is probably a bit high at $400-425 but it is so clean. And it's like my seiko and casio had a love child.

Comment

Re: my mom, I just thought it was interesting/funny. Especially when my GF pipes up "well has has an Omega in there" and my mom just kept on talking about how she linked the simplistic face on the DW. Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder.

[MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] Gotta chime in with the rest of the group here. That Nezumi is a very nice looking watch.
                          Last edited by DocDave; June 28, 2016, 11:20 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Re: my mom, I just thought it was interesting/funny. Especially when my GF pipes up "well has has an Omega in there" and my mom just kept on talking about how she linked the simplistic face on the DW. Beautify is indeed in the eye of the beholder.
                            [MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] Gotta chime in with the rest of the group here. That Nezumi is a very nice looking watch.
                            thanks. I am going to get some better pics but their instagram has great shots...

https://www.instagram.com/nezumistudios/

this is the one that mad eme go "yep, I am buying that"
                            https://www.instagram.com/p/BGesxrJl36R/

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                              thanks. I am going to get some better pics but their instagram has great shots...

https://www.instagram.com/nezumistudios/

this is the one that mad eme go "yep, I am buying that"
                              https://www.instagram.com/p/BGesxrJl36R/
                              Really is a fantastic looking watch. I would love one but cant justify the price at this point

Comment

Originally posted by Rawfull View Post
                                Really is a fantastic looking watch. I would love one but cant justify the price at this point
                                Take a look at the vratislavia conceptum or the Manchester watch works Morgan

Comment

Working...
                                X