Let's see your watch collections!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
    Pretty much the same here. I'll have to post an updated collection pic to explain further but basically:
    Grand Seiko or Speedy when I'm wearing a dress shirt.
    PlanetOcean when I'm wearing a nice polo but not too casual.
    Tag for more sporty stuff since I have it on a rubber strap.
    One of my quartzes for something more casual.
    New GS? Don't recall seeing that before, am looking forward to your updated pics!

Comment

Pretty much the same here. I'll have to post an updated collection pic to explain further but basically:
      that is a really solid lineup. I am aspiring to a version of that in a slightly lower price class revolving around these 3...

Hamilton Field
      Seiko SARY057
      Lew & Huey Phantom

Now i just have to flip like 10 of my watches to fund that.

Comment

Which GS? The GS Snowflake really appeals to me
        Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

[MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] Nice collection. Where did you get your watch box?

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
            [MENTION=12021]idvsego[/MENTION] Nice collection. Where did you get your watch box?
            Thanks. It is a Fossil box from the outlet store. I got it probably 6 or 7 years ago and dont recall the price. Not too much though. I like everything about it except I wish the compartments and pillows were a little wider. Still, solid enough box. Has lasted 3 or 4 moves.

Comment

Originally posted by Token View Post
              Which GS? The GS Snowflake really appeals to me
              I've been eyeing that, debating whether I can call it a true 'dress watch' to fill that need in my collection. Led me to also considering the Snowflake GMT, which has a radial design vs. the north-south:

I wouldn't have thought twice about getting the green limited edition version, but unfortunately those sold out a long while ago and rarely come up on the pre-owned market:

Love the idea of having a GMT that's beautiful but also less well known or noticed (vs., for example, a Rolex GMT). I'd feel a lot more comfortable wearing it to travel more places, which is appealing to me.

Comment

[MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION]
                That green dial is stunning. I tend to shy away from watches that aren't as versatile simply because I don't have the budget to get a watch that's "perfect" for every single occasion; it's one reason why the most popular watches tend to also be some of the most versatile ones. I'm not sure what your definition of a true dress watch is, I've heard some people say no complications at all (not even second hand or date). IMO, that Snowflake GMT is dressy enough for the vast majority of occasions that you'd need a dress watch for, and would work in a casual setting as well. To give you an example of how limiting a dress watch can be, I have a movado museum and it doesn't see any wrist time outside of black tie events.

Also strongly agree with you on the brand name recognition, GS is much less risky to travel around with than Rolex

Comment

[MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION]
                  That green dial is stunning. I tend to shy away from watches that aren't as versatile simply because I don't have the budget to get a watch that's "perfect" for every single occasion; it's one reason why the most popular watches tend to also be some of the most versatile ones. I'm not sure what your definition of a true dress watch is, I've heard some people say no complications at all (not even second hand or date). IMO, that Snowflake GMT is dressy enough for the vast majority of occasions that you'd need a dress watch for, and would work in a casual setting as well. To give you an example of how limiting a dress watch can be, I have a movado museum and it doesn't see any wrist time outside of black tie events.

Also strongly agree with you on the brand name recognition, GS is much less risky to travel around with than Rolex
                  I'm not a "time only, no seconds hand" type stickler, but the one thing that I want for _my_ dress watch is that it's relatively thin and is easily slipped under a dress shirt. Generally, I'd prefer something pretty simple, but don't need true simplicity to achieve that. Patek 5227 or a Vacheron Patrimony Traditionalle are good examples of what I'd like to get, but obviously those are rather expensive. While I might end up with something like that eventually, I'd like something that would serve as a fill-in in the meantime. One thing I've tried to do is buy watches that I want to keep forever, as opposed to being a frequent trader. The white GS snowflake w GMT is a good example of something that might be a good fill-in, but also wouldn't become fully obsolete were I to get a true dress watch (due to being unique with the snowflake dial, GMT, etc.). It would also be the only white dial watch I own, which is also something I'd like to get as well. So many watches, so little time/money!

Comment

I've owned a lot of watches over the years. I finally got tired of all the service fees and whatnot, so I sold off most of them. Here is what I currently have left:

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                      New GS? Don't recall seeing that before, am looking forward to your updated pics!
                      It's a quartz GS. It's hard to take a good pic of it but it has a cream faced dial, is very simple looking yet all the markers and everything on it is so sharp. I really don't like having too many autos due to the fact you have to keep them on winders and the fact that servicing them will be expensive when the time comes. At the moment I have:

1. Omega PO2500
                      2. Omega Speedmaster (manual wind)
                      3. Grand Seiko quartz
                      4. Tag quartz on an Isofrane strap
                      5. VSA which actually has an olive dial with sand/khaki colored markers
                      6. Seiko quartz chrono which I just recently picked up

Comment

[MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] Buying watches with the intent of keeping them forever is a great approach. I'm guilty of wasting money by making impulse purchases; I have a Seiko chrono and a Flud Exchange that I bought as my first two watches and I no longer wear them. I liked them a lot at the time, but these days I can't even be bothered to change their dead batteries

Here's my watch collection:

1. The Fifth Melbourne All Black
                        2. Movado Museum
                        3. Mr Jones Sun and Moon Miyamoto
                        4. Seiko SARB065 Cocktail Time
                        5. Nomos Tangomat
                        6. Seiko SRP315 Orange Monster
                        7. Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre LE
                        8. Patek Philippe Calatrava 5296R

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                          Thanks. It is a Fossil box from the outlet store. I got it probably 6 or 7 years ago and dont recall the price. Not too much though. I like everything about it except I wish the compartments and pillows were a little wider. Still, solid enough box. Has lasted 3 or 4 moves.
                          Thanks. I think there is a Fossil outlet store in my neck of the woods so I'll have to see if I can pick up a box like that. Currently my watches are just placed all over the place on my dresser. Not the greatest look for them.

Comment

Originally posted by DMB View Post
                            I've owned a lot of watches over the years. I finally got tired of all the service fees and whatnot, so I sold off most of them. Here is what I currently have left:
                            Solid collection - what's the last watch?

It's a quartz GS. It's hard to take a good pic of it but it has a cream faced dial, is very simple looking yet all the markers and everything on it is so sharp. I really don't like having too many autos due to the fact you have to keep them on winders and the fact that servicing them will be expensive when the time comes. At the moment I have:

1. Omega PO2500
                            2. Omega Speedmaster (manual wind)
                            3. Grand Seiko quartz
                            4. Tag quartz on an Isofrane strap
                            5. VSA which actually has an olive dial with sand/khaki colored markers
                            6. Seiko quartz chrono which I just recently picked up
                            Nice, the GS does look very crisp.

[MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] Buying watches with the intent of keeping them forever is a great approach. I'm guilty of wasting money by making impulse purchases; I have a Seiko chrono and a Flud Exchange that I bought as my first two watches and I no longer wear them. I liked them a lot at the time, but these days I can't even be bothered to change their dead batteries

Here's my watch collection:

1. The Fifth Melbourne All Black
                            2. Movado Museum
                            3. Mr Jones Sun and Moon Miyamoto
                            4. Seiko SARB065 Cocktail Time
                            5. Nomos Tangomat
                            6. Seiko SRP315 Orange Monster
                            7. Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre LE
                            8. Patek Philippe Calatrava 5296R
                            Nice collection, that Patek is particularly gorgeous and sticks out amongst the rest of the collection. Do you find yourself wearing it often or only very rarely? I've dreamt about getting a 5227 (rose gold or white gold, each with ivory dial) on my next big celebration (TBD on what that'll be), but wonder if I'd ever bring it out for actual wear, as it'd be quite a jump up from anything else I own.

Comment

[MENTION=2622]hornsup84[/MENTION] Buying watches with the intent of keeping them forever is a great approach.
                              The only problem with that approach is that you don't know if you intend to keep it forever until you've had it on your wrist for a bit. There's quite a few watches I thought I purchased with the intent of keeping them but grew tired of them. The Speedy is really the only watch I'd ever say is a keeper. The PO2500 is for me because it was a wedding gift, otherwise it does feel quite heavy at times.

The next watch I want to get is a Breitling Aerospace with a blue dial. I want something with a blue dial, metal bracelet (or in this case titanium), that is not too heavy. I can see that watch getting quite a bit of use but won't know it's a keeper until after I purchase it. I'll probably buy that one in about a year or so.

Wait . . .wait . . . you have a Patek??? I'm a bit envious but don't think I could ever personally spend that much money on a watch. Unless my salary was over half a million per year.

Comment

It's a 70's Fortis Marine Master. Fortis later did a reissue of it. It's a pretty cool dive watch, about 43mm, internal bezel, with a non hacking auto movement.

Comment

Working...
                                X