Let's see your watch collections!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
    The Orient is actually my favorite of the bunch. I love the textured dial and with me having a smaller wrist, that one is a great size for me at 39mm.
    Gotcha. I didn't notice the textured dial when I first saw your post (phone resolution). It's very nice indeed. I really like textured dials too. That's probably my favorite visual feature of my Orient Vintage, actually. Really adds character to a simple(r) watch face.

That said, I still personally think the C.Ward kick more booty.

Speaking of kicking some major, BIG-ol' booty...
    Endgame =

NICE! I have many pics of various IWC pieces (Portuguese and Portofino models) on my HD... but that's about as close as I'll get for quite some time.

This one just *kills* me:

* EDIT * : Oh, and I also love the one you posted there, but with the blue hands. One of the most popular, at least in images, that I've seen on the intertron. Killer look, no matter the face/hands color config. Great one to shoot for, V.
    Last edited by yoyorobbo; April 25, 2014, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by molecular View Post
      Nice Collection.

I really like the strap on the Orient Union, can you please share which particular Hirsch Duke Strap did you buy for the watch.
      I forget exactly but it's a honey brown color I believe.

Originally posted by bruschetta View Post
      The Tissot that you already own is nicer. So is the Christopher Ward.

Speaking of which, when are you going to sell me that Tissot (at a massive discount, old buddy old pal)?
      Only thing I don't like about them is that they both wear a bit big on my wrist. If I had 7" wrists instead of 6.5" wrists, I'd probably like them much more.

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
      * EDIT * : Oh, and I also love the one you posted there, but with the blue hands. One of the most popular, at least in images, that I've seen on the intertron. Killer look, no matter the face/hands color config. Great one to shoot for, V.
      Yeah, I like the blue hands to. They have a Tourneau in Houston so I'll go in there one day and check them both out in person since right now I'm just going based off internet pics.

Comment

I just asked the person whose opinion matters the most (besides mine) and she ranked them
        1. C.Ward
        2. Tissot
        3. Orient
        4. Rodina

So it looks like the Rodina would be the 1st to get cut.

Comment

Here is my modest collection

http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/mo...tml?sort=3&o=1
          http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/mo...tml?sort=3&o=0

Tissot Tradition Classic Chronograph T0636173603700
          Certina DS Podium Chronograph
          Tissot Visodate T019.430.16.031.01
          Stuhrling Original 555A.01 Ascot 42
          Stuhrling Original Men's 515.03 Aquadiver (This gets most of the wrist time)
          Timex T42331 Expedition

My dream watch is an Omega Diver 300 M Co-Axial, cannot afford it in my present situation.

Comment

I like the case design of the Rodina (really Nomos since that's who they are copying it from). That's my favorite part of the watch - the sharp case design. The rotor is louder than a high end watch would be but I've had other inexpensive watches with rotors that made a bit of noise. If you have your arm near your ear and you're in a quiet room, you'll hear it. Otherwise I don't notice it at all.
            I'm a big Nomos fan, too, and I'd try the Rodina as a test run of sorts. Good to know that the movement isn't obnoxiously loud.

Comment

All right, that's it. Someone want to tell me how to build a watch collection? It's time to grow up. Like... suiting:charcoal & navy::watches:? & ?.

Comment

Find a watch you like in your price range and buy it. Find another one you like and buy that too. Bam! Instant watch collection.

Everyone's collection is different because we all have different tastes.

Comment

But I can't go wearing a victorinox diver with a mid-grey suit to a meeting with my CFO & CEO, right? I need something with like a white face and brown leather strap to wear for that sort of thing? (or can i wear black straps with brown shoes/belt jesus i don't even know).

Comment

Originally posted by Wes Warren View Post
                    But I can't go wearing a victorinox diver with a mid-grey suit to a meeting with my CFO & CEO, right? I need something with like a white face and brown leather strap to wear for that sort of thing? (or can i wear black straps with brown shoes/belt jesus i don't even know).
                    I met with the CFO of a large insurance company last week - he was wearing a G-shock.

Comment

By "traditional" standards, a diver is not appropriate to wear with a suit. However, over the past several decades, sports watches have become increasingly prevalent as part of conservative business dress, to the point where many people actually regard watches on bracelets as dressier than watches on leather straps, and there is a whole category of "dress divers." The Rolex Submariner is the quintessential "dress diver" and one that many people wear with suits. Longines Legend Diver, Orient Mako/Ray, Tag Aquaracer, Omega Seamaster Professional... all these watches get worn as dress watches all the time.

So it probably depends on the dive watch you're talking about. Something on the smaller side, with a classic design, is probably totally fine to wear with a suit. A diver that is oversized and tool-ish is probably not suit-worthy.

Among VSA's current diver lineup, I'd say the Maverick is closer to a dress diver than the Dive Master.
                      Ben

Comment

Here's my watch collection - I'll take a better pic tomorrow.

All the way at the top: Casio Pathfinder that I use for my rock and ice climbing

First row (from top left):

NATO/similar watches - cheap quartz from Target, Seagull 1963 (19 and 21 zuans), Daniel Wellington
                        Metal bracelets - Rolex Oysterquartz, Seiko 5s (white and black)
                        Old watches - cheap Fossil and Skagen watches

Second row (from top left):

Dress watches - Raymond Weil, Omega Seamaster, Rolex Datejust, Titan Moon Phase, Skagen
                        Divers - Marina Militare, Seiko Pepsi, Seiko Orange Monster

Bonus picture - here's my pen collection:

From the top: Montegrappa Espressione, Montegrappa Parola, Hero, Parker, Mont Blanc Skywalkers, Mont Blanc Meisterstucks (one for each color)

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                          By "traditional" standards, a diver is not appropriate to wear with a suit. However, over the past several decades, sports watches have become increasingly prevalent as part of conservative business dress, to the point where many people actually regard watches on bracelets as dressier than watches on leather straps, and there is a whole category of "dress divers." The Rolex Submariner is the quintessential "dress diver" and one that many people wear with suits. Longines Legend Diver, Orient Mako/Ray, Tag Aquaracer, Omega Seamaster Professional... all these watches get worn as dress watches all the time.

So it probably depends on the dive watch you're talking about. Something on the smaller side, with a classic design, is probably totally fine to wear with a suit. A diver that is oversized and tool-ish is probably not suit-worthy.

Among VSA's current diver lineup, I'd say the Maverick is closer to a dress diver than the Dive Master.
                          I am all for adhering to the rules of style, given the context of the situation.

I feel that there's a difference between social rules of style and business rules of style. A good example is wearing the Rolex Submariner with a suit - perfectly acceptable (and common) in a business setting. However, you'd be wrong to wear it at a black tie event (most people are probably too polite to say anything, but those that know would probably tsk tsk).

When it comes to formals, I stick to a dress watch on a black leather strap, if I wear a watch at all. When it comes to wearing a suit and a tie, I just wear a nice leather strap watch. If it's business casual, then pretty much any watch except perhaps my digital watches or the ones on NATO straps. If it's casual? Well, anything goes.

Comment

I dont have a watch collection..just 2 watches for now

1) 1965 Omega vintage watch
                            2) Seiko series 5 beater watch

Want to procured a pie pan vintage constellation Omega watch soon...like next year

Comment

Which model is the vintage omega?

Comment

Originally posted by Brent k View Post
                                Which model is the vintage omega?
                                right now just geneve but will get the constellation if I find a decent non-redial piepan.

Comment

Working...
                                X