Let's see your watch collections!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LCDR View Post
    nice watch, but I didn't realize how many bucks it cost.
    Thank you sir. It was definitely a major splurge for me, but I really love it. Need to tone down the spending for a bit!

Comment

Great choice frost! Also, I noticed they make some very attractive women's watches. Good to know.

Comment

@Vicious - Love that Seamaster. One day.... one day.

Comment

Originally posted by LosRockets View Post
          Great choice frost! Also, I noticed they make some very attractive women's watches. Good to know.
          Much appreciated! My crappy cell phone pic doesn't really do it justice, but I'm very happy with it. That particular model definitely takes some queues from the Speedmaster line, but for me it's just different enough with the aviation homage and not something you're going to see a lot of.

Shopping for a new watch for the woman now? Your checkbook is bottomless! I'm still shell-shocked after all the recent additions..

Comment

Nope, not at all haha. Just something to keep in mind.

Comment

My humble collection such as it is. I really love each one.

From left: Orient Stingray, Pulsar Alarm Chronograph, Orient Flight Blue face

Comment

I love the orient aviation style watches!

Comment

Here's how it stands as of today - minus my Omega PO2500 which is already in Texas. Not the best pics but figured I would take a few before I pack everything up. I have too many white faced watches that I think look a bit similar. I'm probably going to have to get rid of 1 of them and at the moment I'm leaning towards the Tisson chrono being odd man out. Thoughts on which one you would get rid of or which ones you would definitely hold on to?

1. Orient Mako
                  2. Timex Men's T49905
                  3. Christopher Ward JH2
                  4. Tissot Tradition chronograph
                  5. Orient Union
                  6. Rodina

Comment

[MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION], I feel like the Tissot adds something to your collection as a dressy, grab 'n go quartz chronograph. If there's redundancy in your collection, I think it's mostly between the other white dialed watches.
                    Ben

Comment

I'd say the Orient looks similar enough, face-wise with the new C.Ward, that maybe it would go too, if they were mine.

That C.Ward kicks major booty.

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                        [MENTION=3421]Vicious49[/MENTION], I feel like the Tissot adds something to your collection as a dressy, grab 'n go quartz chronograph. If there's redundancy in your collection, I think it's mostly between the other white dialed watches.
                        Good point about the quartz.

Originally posted by yoyorobbo View Post
                        I'd say the Orient looks similar enough, face-wise with the new C.Ward, that maybe it would go too, if they were mine.

That C.Ward kicks major booty.
                        The Orient is actually my favorite of the bunch. I love the textured dial and with me having a smaller wrist, that one is a great size for me at 39mm. The Rodina is on the smaller side too which works well for me. I think for that reason I favor them 2. Everyone else has always complimented and liked the Tissot more than I have (including my wife which is why I'm still holding on to it). The CWard is a bit on the big side as well which is it's only drawback. I love the jump hour complication on it but I have a feeling that one might be on the chopping block next year sometime too, just due to the 43mm size of it.

I think eventually I'll end up selling the Tissot and the CWard and using that towards an IWC Portuguese chronograph since that has always been the watch I really want. But that will be at least a few years since even a used one of those costs around $5K.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                          ...6. Rodina
                          How's the Rodina? Reviews say the movement is loud and grindy, but I sure love the look of it.

And I suspect this will put me in the minority, but I like the C.Ward the least of your white-faced watches. As beautiful/well-made/etc. as it is, it strikes me as oversized, so it's the one I would send packing if it were me.

Comment

I like the case design of the Rodina (really Nomos since that's who they are copying it from). That's my favorite part of the watch - the sharp case design. The rotor is louder than a high end watch would be but I've had other inexpensive watches with rotors that made a bit of noise. If you have your arm near your ear and you're in a quiet room, you'll hear it. Otherwise I don't notice it at all.

Endgame =

Comment

Nice Collection.

I really like the strap on the Orient Union, can you please share which particular Hirsch Duke Strap did you buy for the watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious49 View Post
                                I like the case design of the Rodina (really Nomos since that's who they are copying it from). That's my favorite part of the watch - the sharp case design. The rotor is louder than a high end watch would be but I've had other inexpensive watches with rotors that made a bit of noise. If you have your arm near your ear and you're in a quiet room, you'll hear it. Otherwise I don't notice it at all.
                                The Tissot that you already own is nicer. So is the Christopher Ward.

Speaking of which, when are you going to sell me that Tissot (at a massive discount, old buddy old pal)?

Comment

Working...
                                X