Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonobos denim

http://www.bonobos.com/denim

Not for sale yet, but some pictures. I have to say, I'm not too thrilled - I think they look pretty frumpy, and all three washes look pretty similar in color, at least in the photos. I do like that they're made in the US though, so I'll wait and see if they ever do a darker wash, slimmer fit.

I dunno. I really like their cut in dress slacks. The jeans look pretty good, but I'd prefer a darker indigo raw denim look.

Comment

Maybe the rinse ones just have too much light shining on them. Hard to tell.

Comment

I may give them a go since I still have a bit of credit from their 50 off sale. I'm guessing the rinsed indigo color will be darker than the photo. At least it did in the video... If its not, their return policy is still stellar.

Comment

The video was cool. Arrogant, but cool.

Comment

Meh, it'll probably come down to price for me.

Their chinos and dress slacks are priced in the 'premium' range; they can get away with it because they are one of the few companies that really caters to the market that desires that style of product.

Denim, on the other hand, is a fairly crowded arena. There are plenty of companies that make really high-quality, well-fitting jeans. If they're priced where I think they'll be (at least on par with their other pants) then there's really no reason for me to switch to them.

Comment

$125 - 20% and groupons could possibly bring their denim to around the $60 range. For being made in USA from domestic materials, I think that would be more than fair. The fit looks good. You just have to have the body for it (big butt, big thighs, like the founder of Bonobos). A lot of the denim companies are currently catering to this slim-fit trend, but aren't doing that great of a job for those with man-curves. At least, not in the sub $100 range. I wish that they'd offer a raw version as opposed to rinsed. I can rinse my denim just fine if I wanted to.

I hoping these are the real deal. Currently, I'm wearing Levis 527 Low-Bootcut and then taking it to the tailor to make them less bootcut. It would be nice to not have to do that.

Comment

I just wish Bonobos would restock their Chinos. They've been sold out most in most of their sizes for months now it seems!

Comment

I too wish they were going to be offering a darker wash. But, I'm still eager to give these a try and probably will if there is a decent discount available. If they fit as well as their other pants I'll be very happy.

Comment

Hey Glen, I'm a big butt, big thigh kind of guy... are you familiar with any other companies that cater to a thicker man? I keep running into this problem, that fashion tends to favor those that are either very fit or very thin.

Comment

Yeah I'm a big butt and thighs guy too, though not for lack of fitness. That said, I've found Gap and J. Crew denim up to the task - not sure if it's the cut or the material, but jeans have more give than khakis for guys like us.

I have a pair of Polo Golf corduroy pants, and the seat is more generous than anything else I own without sacrificing shape. It's a 34, and there's plenty of room in the hips, and I probably could've sized down to a 33 if it had been available. Most 34 pants gape in the back on the waistband, while being too tight in the hips. I'm wearing a pair of Zegna Sport pants, and they're borderline.

This looks pretty roomy: http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...uctId=11785248

Comment

Looks like they've got a slim fit model now:

http://www.bonobos.com/dark-rinse-de...m-straight-fit

Comment

I agree that there are a lot of denim options out there for Bonobos to compete with. I did try the "standard" bonobos denim and found it too large, but then again I'm not a big thighs guy either...I also wasn't a big fan of the medium wash I got

Comment

Ordered the dark rinse slims; they get here tomorrow; I'll report on comparisons b/t these and my standard fit bonobos jeans.

Comment

I think people who feel the bonobos denim were too loose just didn't size down enough. You have to size down even more than you think you would.

Comment

Working...
                              X