Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Casual Herringbone Sportscoat

I was reading Primer and they had an article on this:

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/WoolHerringboneSportcoat~226939_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::NTO&cm_mmc= Affiliate-_-DEEPLINK-_-TXT-_-xxxx&af_id=linkshare

I don't believe in love at first sight...unless when it comes to clothing. But the 240 dollar price tag is turning me off.

So anyone know where I can find something similiar to this? Or am I going to have to save my pennies?

That sport coat is sweet; I've wanted it for awhile but I've also been turned off by the price.

Right now you can get it on sale for $180 using FAMILYSAVE25 and PIN 1142, but that's still too steep for me.

Thrifting?

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

I got a sweet brown herringbone tweed sportcoat made by Hart Schaffner Marx this week at Savers for $7.50. I'm wearing it today, in fact.

Comment

Way to make us non herringbone sportcoat owners jealous Jason.

I read the review on the jacket. It seems to be something worth buying. I might splurge on this item in the near future. It's really good looking. But they also don't have my size so it'll help me wait a little longer. Hopefully when I decide to buy it theres another LEC sale.

Comment

In the meantime check out nearby thrift stores. I see tweed in there every time. Not always worth getting, but always there.

Comment

Hah! I second JC's comment of "Not always worth getting, but always there."

My Measurements: 6' 1" height, 35" sleeves, 41-42" chest/jacket, 35" waist, 34" inseam, 11.5D/EEE shoes, 200 lbs

Comment

I've got grey and brown herringbone sportscoats at Gap Outlet this fall. I love the fit and weight of them and for the price of under $60 you cant go wrong.

twitter: @adg_ca
              instagram: @adg_ca

Comment

Jason, got that jacket today, it is PERFECT. thanks tons. I don't even think I need it tailored, and I get everything tailored. I'll get a pic up sometime of me in it

Comment

Wow, that was quick... Just sent it Saturday. Glad you like it. Yeah, post some pics and let's see you in it.

Comment

not what I wore today, just threw it on over what I was wearing. Looks a tad long in the pic, but I have short arms - so stuff that fits well sometimes looks long in comparison

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6040/...e7199675_b.jpg

Comment

Very nice! Fits great. Glad it worked out.

Comment

Working...
                      X